Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Japanese import Insight. Approx 1 - 1.5 years ago the IMA light came on with P07AF fault. I cleared the fault and it didn't come back until yesterday. While driving some error flashed up on the dash but went away again. This happened another 2 times until they stayed on.

Checked the codes and it said IMA Deterioration P07AF / U0155 No communication to Instrument module / U0029 Vehicle Area Network performance problem and U0100 No communication to ECM.

I cleared the codes ( had to do it 5 or 6 times), now it is not throwing any codes and seems ok. I assume I won't get much longer out of the IMA battery and will need to replace but no idea about the other codes listed.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2009 Japanese import Insight. Approx 1 - 1.5 years ago the IMA light came on with P07AF fault. I cleared the fault and it didn't come back until yesterday. While driving some error flashed up on the dash but went away again. This happened another 2 times until they stayed on.

Checked the codes and it said IMA Deterioration P07AF / U0155 No communication to Instrument module / U0029 Vehicle Area Network performance problem and U0100 No communication to ECM.

I cleared the codes ( had to do it 5 or 6 times), now it is not throwing any codes and seems ok. I assume I won't get much longer out of the IMA battery and will need to replace but no idea about the other codes listed.

Any ideas?
Also got P16D7 code today.. Car is still driving and assisting

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How old is the 12 volt battery under the hood?
When I bought the car just over 2 years ago the dealer put a "new" battery into it. 90% sure it wasn't new. The 12v battery will be tested today and most likely replaced

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I bought the car just over 2 years ago the dealer put a "new" battery into it. 90% sure it wasn't new. The 12v battery will be tested today and most likely replaced
Went to 3 separate places today who all said the 12v 054 battery is 100% and never heard of a 51r. They wouldn't fit anything other than an 054 size battery as it was the only one recommended. Is there another measurement / size in Ireland that is equivilant to 51r?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,111 Posts
51R means revered poles. Not app. to foreign nations.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,111 Posts
Read here:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I wouldn't worry about increasing the size of the battery. It is not going to make it last longer.
So the existing battery was load tested? Measuring the voltage is not a load test.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,111 Posts
Read here:

Yep. that's a load tester.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts