Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am the proud owner of a 2000 red and a 2001 blue Insight.
I recently bought the totaled 2001 Insight. I drove about 4-5 hours to get it. When I drove it home everything seemed fine. I had it to a few repair shops. I had to by a new 12-volt battery because the old one was bad. After I bought the new battery, I was driving it home, about 10-15 minutes driving, I noticed the IMA light was on and nothing on the IMA indicator bars. Do you think the new battery may have done something. I might add that the car was hardly driven since I bought it in December, and before that it was totaled around August. I bought a first generation grid charger with the car but haven't used it yet. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Hi,
I am the proud owner of a 2000 red and a 2001 blue Insight.
I recently bought the totaled 2001 Insight. I drove about 4-5 hours to get it. When I drove it home everything seemed fine. I had it to a few repair shops. I had to by a new 12-volt battery because the old one was bad. After I bought the new battery, I was driving it home, about 10-15 minutes driving, I noticed the IMA light was on and nothing on the IMA indicator bars. Do you think the new battery may have done something. I might add that the car was hardly driven since I bought it in December, and before that it was totaled around August. I bought a first generation grid charger with the car but haven't used it yet. Thanks for any help.
The car is ready and willing to tell you what's wrong. Blink the codes.

Instructions in my sig.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts