Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my IMA light came on today. Checked and its P0a7f fault. How long do I have until its completely gone? Seems to be charging and assisting ok. Will it still start and drive for a while or will it need to be done asap?

·
Registered
348 Posts
So my IMA light came on today. Checked and its P0a7f fault. How long do I have until its completely gone? Seems to be charging and assisting ok. Will it still start and drive for a while or will it need to be done asap?
Possible your small 12 v battery is acting up, there's threads here ref ima and also on you tube,( how to reset it etc)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill chance swapping for a good 12v and see if it makes a difference. Had the 12v tested a while back and it was perfect though

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
Ill chance swapping for a good 12v and see if it makes a difference. Had the 12v tested a while back and it was perfect though
This isn't a 12V issue, it is an IMA issue. It is "battery module deterioration." Is your IMA warning light on?

There is really no predicting durability with these kinds of codes. Your best bet would be a shot at grid charging, but of course you must have equipment to do that.

If you would post your location in your profile (click your avatar top right, then click profile) you might find someone in your vicinity willing to help.

I'm not a Gen2 expert by any means. Hopefully someone with direct experience will speak up.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
"Checked the battery" How? A load test is the only real way. How old is the battery?
Also, you should tell us what year your Insight is and how many miles(km) on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed, maybe it is fixed now, since there is no update from him hehehehe.
I brought it to a garage and they connected a tester to it and gave a printout saying it was fine. Fault / IMA light hasnt come back on but I'm sure its only a matter of time

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
If it (the code) is the same as a G1, it would be a P-1449, or a 78 blink code
The IMA needs some help very soon. The g2 apparently needs to be driven at least 30 minutes every week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts