Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my insight IMA lights came on and off for some time, and when I took it to a dealer they said I have to replace P1448 module fan and also this might need to replace POA3C motor power inverter, totaling cost of repair around $3000.00 . any help on if I could just ride it for while? the lights come and go and sometimes , engine light , battery light ( 12 v) will come on. can I drive it for while. any advice is helpful. thank you. I live in Korea and hard to come by used parts , I could n't even find it on eBay. any idea where I can get used parts ?

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
The P1448 fan problem is very common across several models.

Just buy a known good one and replace it then see what codes if any come back.
Forget about the $3000 inverter for now.

The same fan (internals) are used in several models CR-Z/G2 jazz.

e-bay is probably best..

You can't really drive it for long as the dc-dc converter overheats and shuts down and the 12v battery at the front will die.

There are loads of threads on the P1448 fan problem around google the code/videos etc..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the information, i just persuaded the dealer to just change the fan first and lets hope that works… only problem is they said it will take 5weeks for the parts. mean while can i drive it?

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
You could get one of those cheap voltmeters for the cigar/cigarette lighter socket. eBay has lots of them. Won't fix the problem, but at least you will know voltage of your 12V battery. Then, you can charge the battery each night.

But, FIX THE FAN SOONEST.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts