Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly but we need a lot more information.
Can you video the behaviour and upload to youtube?

How hot is it where you live?
I live in Mauritius,
The weather is not an issue.

The car is chewing fuel as if am not driving an Hybrid car. The Km/ L range dropped drastically, usually the car should do 18-22 km/l when its good, but most of the time its 11-14km/l.

While accelerating the assist gauge goes to high peak when the car is good. When the car drives rough the assist gauge go only half. I need to accelerate more to get it on high peak.

That are the symptoms

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Mauritius,
The weather is not an issue.

The car is chewing fuel as if am not driving an Hybrid car. The Km/ L range dropped drastically, usually the car should do 18-22 km/l when its good, but most of the time its 11-14km/l.

While accelerating the assist gauge goes to high peak when the car is good. When the car drives rough the assist gauge go only half. I need to accelerate more to get it on high peak.

That are the symptoms

·
Administrator
13,900 Posts
The IMA battery may be bad/weak or out of balance.

I suggest you do the cycling/balancing procedure outlined on the CR-Z forum. (It's the same battery pack as G2)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The IMA battery may be bad/weak or out of balance.

I suggest you do the cycling/balancing procedure outlined on the CR-Z forum. (It's the same battery pack as G2)

To note that the battery is new, i have checked with the agency, the battery is good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The IMA battery has been replaced?
When and by who?
Was it a brand new OEM battery or aftermarket? Brand?
I have replaced it at a hybrid care garage.
The supplier had given me warranty on the batteries.
Checked with honda in my country. No problem with the batteries. To note the problem was the same with the original battery

·
Registered
9 Posts

Have you ruled-out other ignition issues? How many km do you have? When was the last time the spark plugs were changed?

·
vote 4 mawah
314 Posts
FYI -
have a 2002 Civic EX. I got on average 15 k/l . After the cars 170,000 km service that 15 k/l dropped to 9 k/l average.
I've been able to get it back up to 11 k/l average, but I still can't locate exactly what was changed.
Hope you are able to find out why your mileage dropped.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could also be, there's soot buildup behind the throttle plate. It seems our ECUs can't compensate for that. You must clean that every 150km/100kmiles.

Remove the air-duct between the air filter and throttle body. Look into the throttle body. You see a round plate there in closed position, that you can gently push open with your finger. Use a small gasoline soaked cloth and move it back and forth through the canal. When there is much soot it comes back pitch black. Repeat until it comes back clean. Now gently push the throttle plate back close and reinstall the air duct.

Excessive soot behind the throttle plate reduces air flow during low engine loads. When it gets too much ECU can no longer compensate for it. When done, disconnect the 12V battery terminal for 1min. Then drive the car until the engine is hot, park and let the engine run idle for 5minutes. In this 5minutes ECU will relearn throttle plate characteristics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts