Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago my IMA light came on and my code reader said P1447. I wrote to this forum and was informed of the bad news. Then I took it to the dealer - Shingle Springs Honda - ( near Sacramento CA) and they checked it out and said the BCM, ECM and Battery Assembly needed to be replaced. All under the extended Warranty and Free. I didn't even have to say a word. They added this recommendation to my paperwork for the oil change that I was getting.
I have now made my appointment to get this done next Friday and they are now telling me that they Battery is fine and only the BCM and ECM need to be replaced. It is a 2000 with 122,00 miles and is driven in a Hot and Hilly area.
Any thoughts on why the change?
Thank You
Phil
2000 # 5199 - 64.3 LMPG

·
Registered
344 Posts
Were you getting recals? If so, what was the frequency and under what driving conditions? I have a 2000 with 137000 with increasing recals. I had FIVE (YES 5) in exactly 100 miles yesterday. I still have not gotten a code. My BCM is not functioning properly and the battery capacity is also low. I would definitely push/shove/fight for a new battery also.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Read the warranty extension thread here:

US IMA warranty 10 year extension UPDATED to all 50 states!
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=4796

As a California Insighter I believe the first step is to replace the BCM and or MCM. It also reads like you never got the 2000 ECM recall work done either. :?

Should the IMA battery subsequently fail then its eligible for warranty replacement.

Reads like a case on point to this thread:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=5304

Remember this is a _goodwill_ warranty extension. Honda is under NO obligation to do more than what is _written_ AND should they choose to, based on an owners non compliance with the notice sent not even that much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been getting about 1 recal per day. I drive 80 miles round trip daily with about 2000 - 2500 feet of elevation change.
The ECM was replaced 2 or 3 years ago because they would not let me obtain new Calif. registration wiithout it.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts