Honda Insight Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently purchased a 2000 insight, drove it for a week about and ima light can on and stood on. i hear about resetting but cant find thread on how to any help would be appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
804 Posts
You might want to get the code...P1447 & P1449 are battery problems.

To reset, pull fuse #18 - 2nd row 5th slot from the left door. Put back in and it will positive recal typically in five minutes or so of driving.

·
Registered
191 Posts
under warranty?

Is your 10yr 150k warranty still valid???? If it is, DO NOT reset the IMA light. Take it to Honda, have them check it out and likely order you a new battery. Without the IMA light "on", they can do nothing.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
yes code is p1449.
did the reset and worked for now, guess i'm buying new batteries.
Don't buy, fix. Contact me. Every bit of assist you use now hurts your battery a little bit more and increasing the cost of the repair. No matter what, that light will be back on in a little bit, so don't wait too long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i left a gentleman ron a couple messages to return my calls and still hasn't. i think im just going to sell the car on craigslist. thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I haven't gotten any call from you. 718-554-7899 or email me directly at [email protected]

Your repair is probably less than $1000 plus shipping.

i left a gentleman ron a couple messages to return my calls and still hasn't. i think im just going to sell the car on craigslist. thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I haven't gotten any call from you. 718-288-7367 or email me directly at [email protected]

Your repair is probably less than $1000 plus shipping.
Seriously, consider having Ron refurbish your battery! I had mine done this spring, just over $1000 with shipping, and with his detailed instructions I was able to remove and reinstall myself. It has run perfectly since!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You know, this seems like it says, thanks for the help and telling me how to hide it, but Im the kind of person that sold me the car , and would rather just lie to the next guy and get rid of it on craigs list.

Hmmmm........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.