Honda Insight Forum banner

IMA stopped working

2034 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  joecvt
The IMA system stopped working on my car the other day. It has aorund 125000 miles on it. I still runs ok without the IMA. I called the dealer and he said that the car is running in Safe Mode. It is running like a regular car instead of a hybrid car. Since it is running okay can I drive the car in Safe Mode indefinitely without screwing up the car? Just curious if anyone knew the answer to that.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to the service guy again at the Honda dealership. He said that it CAN run in safe mode indefinitely!!!! The service guy is a friend of a friend so he took a look at the car. Four codes popped up!!! He said that was highly unusual so he called someone high up. Belive it or not, they actually replace the battery and the controllers for free!!! I just had to pay for the labor. Man did I get lucky. By the way, when I was driving the car in safe mode, my mileage stayed just about the same, between 55 and 60 mpg.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joecvt,
I don't know if the the car was using the IMA battery or not to start the car. There was still a charge showing on the IMA battery, but the car was not charging or discharging it. Nothing was working on the IMA part of the car. When I was at a stop light, the car didn't shut off. It just drove like my old 1988 Honda civic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.