Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago I installed the HA grid charger and it took care of my problem perfectly. Very happy with it.

Yesterday, I received letter for that service bulletin #14-064 to update some software for the IMA battery from Honda to bring the car in and get it taken care of.

My question is, if anyone may know, should I uninstall the cabling and adapter that came with the charger before I take it in or will the service bulletin fix not get into the trunk to see the aftermarket mod I installed?

I am sure that if they saw the wiring coming out of the battery compartment it would throw up a red flag with their service department and probably cause an issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMA Service Bulletin 14-0064

I got the same bulletin saying I never had it done in 2015 when the first letter came out about the same bulletin number. After Honda called my dealer and confirmed I had it done in Feb. 2015 Honda called me back after my call yesterday and said yes I had it done.

So, if you had it done in 2015, you do not have to have it done again, it is the same software update.

Most likely the dealer will just hook your car up to the dealer servicing computer connection under the dash and never touch the trunk area if you did not have it done last year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts