Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any changes to the settings may require a browser reset and/or cache refresh.

Under the user control panel, in the "Thread Display Options" section, the following settings result in oversize images being scaled to fit the browser width:

The following image is oversize to test the above:

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
Thank you Steve for posting this test at my request. The recommended settings, along with a browser history deletion, and a browser restart, do not result in a readable picture or graphic. The graph contained in the post is about twice as wide as the default page. I suspect some sort of operating system or browser incompatibility.

I think it is best for the time being that members resize their pictures and graphs to 1024 pix so that the default settings function and pages are properly displayed. Not all users are fully computer proficient and we should not make "out of ordinary" demands.

I realize this is a complicated question and may require action by the site admin. For the present, please confine picture/graphic width to 1024pix.

Thanks again for your help and patience through the long exchange of PMs.

jim

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries Jim. I'm happy to help.

I'll continue to limit image widths to 1024 pix.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Jime, are you running an ad blocked out a JavaScript blocker?

If you're blocking verticalscape that can cause a failure to automatically resize.

I also notice Firefox is better than chrome at fitting things in the window.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chrome/IE on win 7 and Chrome/Firefox on OS X 10.8.5 all work identically to one another for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
Jime, are you running an ad blocked out a JavaScript blocker?

If you're blocking verticalscape that can cause a failure to automatically resize.

I also notice Firefox is better than chrome at fitting things in the window.
Yes, I am running an ad blocker. Perhaps that is the entire problem. Can you give me a ref or link to "verticalscape" so that I put in an exception an check this out?

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
In order to get an accurate and full understanding of the problem, for some, I took this to the site admin team through the moderators link. This is the response of the vBulletin tech support team,

"So, the site has a resizer plugin on it that max's the width of all pictures to 600 pixels. Giving you the option to click the image to see full size. The issue is if you use adblock or other noscript add-ons it will block the plugin causing you to see basically all or nothing depending on the source. Does that make sense?

Kyle "

This was my response to Kyle,

"Yes, that is a perfectly clear explanation. Adblocking add-ons are the source of the display width problem which is reported by some. This is an easy fix for those who use adblocker, like me, since there are controls to disable it entirely or for specific sites.

Thank you very much for your help. In the future I will refrain from enforcing or attempting to enforce picture/graphic width.

Thank you very much for your timely response."

So the quick bottom line is that the overwide pages that I sometimes see, and that some others see, is most likely caused by my adblocking s/w. As stated above, the problem is easily fixed on an individual basis. Thanks to S. Keith and to samwichse who provided testing and clues:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts