Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching several ebay sales.

A lot of these people are selling insights with over 150,000 miles, and they set the reserve price at $15,000 or higher. Who on earth is going to pay $15,000 for a car that is almost dead? (Engines only last 200-250,000 miles.)

A more realistic reserve price would be $2000 maybe 3000 for a 150,000 mile car.

·
Administrator
12,288 Posts
A rare car.

Prices may be high but it's a rare car with the number of decent ones going down all the time after accidents/old age/etc

Price of gas going ever upwards :( probably cars are likely remain costly for next few years. If they sell for $15,000 then it's what the market can stand I suppose. Supply and demand. 8)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I wouldn't call them greedy, I would say they are optimistic, or not in a hurry to sell :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
retepsnikrep said:
probably cars are likely remain costly for next few years. If they sell for $15,000 then it's what the market can stand I suppose. Supply and demand. 8)
Except of course a lot of these insights are NOT selling, because the owners are setting ridiculously high reserve prices. So the owners are basically just wasting their money on Defunct Ebay listings.

A bit like someone trying to sell a 20-yr-old/almost-dead VCR for $500. <--- not gonna happen.

·
Registered
338 Posts
it gives me hope.....
sorry to say I'll be selling mine soon....
the little things are starting to add up, the AC has now failed.

Clutch going, IMA failed, Shocks failing, approaching 120K.

Damned if I can find another 60mpg car tho.... :roll:

Thinkin about a Yaris.....

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Troy, stop watching sales of Insights with 150,000 miles. You’re not going to buy one that old, and it just gets your blood pressure up. ;)

Would I sell my Insight for $15,000? No, not even close, unless I could trade up to a newer one the same day for a couple of thousand less.

Do I believe that $15,000 is a reasonable price for a car that cost Honda an estimated $55,000 to produce? Yes, unfortunately for those that don’t own one.

Are there Insight bargains out there? Yes, but not on Ebay.

Do I think you will ever change your long standing view on the price of used Insights? No, so........

If you have already sold your Insight, my condolences. :( If you haven’t, then my congratulations. :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
b1shmu63 said:
Are there Insight bargains out there? Yes, but not on Ebay.
Where then?

My current insight was bought used, but that was back when gasoline was still only $1.50, so people were basically giving them away. The Insights were sitting on dealer lots & collecting bird droppings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts