Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on this list import an American Specification Insight into Canada. I need to have a letter from HONDA America that says all recalls have been done. Honda Canada refuses to give me one, saying they can't access Honda America records (yet the Honda America Owners web site lets me see there are no outstanding recalls). Honda America says my used 2004 Honda Insight is a grey market car and they have a policy against giving "no recall" letters to Canadians. These folks obviously really know how to impress a first time Japanese car buyer.

Next issue is daytime running lights, Canadian Honda dealers won't modify the car, and Honda Canada says they don't know how to modify the car because all Canadian Hondas come with daytime running lights. Honda America says American Hondas don't need daytime running lights so that is nothing to do with them, call Honda Canada. These folks really know how to impress a first time Japanese car buyer.

By the way I bought my Honda Insight as a certifed Honda used car from an American Honda dealer who says he knows nothing about "grey market Honda cars". Does anyone know the names of any Honda of America or Honda Canada bigwigs, I am ready to start writing. I think these boys and girls at Honda head offices need an attitude adjustment. As far as the Honda dealer(s) know there are no prohibitions against cars going back an forth across the Canada /US border and there are no requirements at any level to sign a "no export for ----- days agreement" such as supposedly exists with Mercedes Benz.

Anyone got any great ideas. So far the insight is a great car, with lazy Canadian dealers and ****ty North American head office organizations.

Rocky

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.