Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess a lot of people are familiar with some of my claims of gas mileage.

What about the impossible burger at Burger King. I had one today. Would like to know what other people think before I spill the goods.

A lot of times before I buy 2 gallons of gas I'll get something to eat. And the gas usually cost less. Soy beans away my man .

Gas is also part of the conversation.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My impossible burger meal cost $10.07 - that's twice as High as the Dairy Queen Meat burger .

If you didn't eat meat for a lifetime. It's probably a good deal reduced heart attack risk. And you probably would not have to take all the drugs like statins . Here's my gripe.

Soybeans are worth nine dollars for 60 pounds. Hamburger meat is 30 times higher .why does the soy Burger cost more.

I think Burger King has a good thing going. Why don't they charge less so people would make the switch. Their profits will be astronomical if people eat soy burgers. Because the beans Are cheap as dirt. If a cow eats the beans for a year you have to pay for what the cow Eats . Plus the bone and hair-- you can't eat it .

I can tell a difference the bean burger is not as heavy in the mouth it gets cold very fast and it is not as filling. It's like eating Chinese you're still hungry when you leave the restaurant .

A double burger one meat patty one soy patty would be interesting. And the commercial shows the patty very hot with sizzling oil on it. I think that is false advertising .

those are my two beans worth.

One more thing I have to go to Dyersburg to go to Burger King. I can eat all I can hold at the Chinese place for eight dollars . And get chocolate and strawberry butter pecan pistachio ice cream. With different types of cookies and chocolate brownies that I do not care for I just like the ice cream.

They also have peel them and eat them shrimp . Burger King is making money hand over fist with a small meal and a big price. Like most other fast food chains. I want the most mpg and the most food for my buck.

·
Registered
652 Posts
My impossible burger meal cost $10.07 .

I can eat all I can hold at the Chinese place for eight dollars .

Burger King is making money hand over fist

I want the most mpg and the most food for my buck.
the Chinese buffets around here are dropping like flies, 2 down in 2 years, only one left is the crappier one.

a good china buffet is nice to have now and again but they are getting pretty rare, funny part is I live in a larger area butit’s the small towns now that seem to have the old school buffet

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's unfortunate that good food almost equates to small businesses, and it's
tough for small businesses to survive. It seems that America only has fast food,
and then it's either hamburgers or chicken sandwiches. I know there are sit in
restaurants with good food, but people don't always have the time or want to tip.

I don't see how any Chinese buffets can survive with a reasonable cost for the
buffet. The overhead and food costs alone make it mandatory to have a big
customer influx to stay in business.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mexican food
Chinese place
Pizza the Hut
DQ
That 's what I like. Just remember my IQ is unchanged.all ya can eat?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My new hobby – every morning when I get in my car I try to remove something that is not necessary to reduce weight. Overtime the car is changing In appearance.

The color is still the same but the aerodynamics is getting better. Front grill block under tray no windshield wipers. Images in picture Maybe closer than they appear ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,659 Posts
When you get this, it is time to quit

download.jpg

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The six stroke video gave me an idea. The injector on my car turns off and on 16 times a second at the speed of travel . Could a mechanism be put on our three injectors. To where they skip a fuel injection pulse Every other or one in 3 or one in 10 to burn less gas but keep . momentum. yes it would show up more oxygen on the O2 sensor there would be some things to work out.might could use the Fowler of Scott to trick it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone polished the aluminum on top of a roof as bad as this one. Would it be illegal what about the hood or bonnet.

take a look at the polished aluminum video if you get a chance. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,659 Posts
Here is a polished Insight for you Nathan.
HPIM3690.JPG

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Huh - polished airplanes are a pain the arse to keep shiny, I can't imagine how often you'd have to polish an Insight with all the crud from the road kicking up on it.

Different alloys of aluminum do have varying degrees oxidation, does anyone know what aluminum alloy was used for the Insight?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Reactions: Cyberdyne Systems

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heh. Heh. While still maintaining (or possibly enhancing) that Dymaxion Car / teardrop coefficient... kinda. ???
Now about that 50 lbs of feed per 1 pound of anemic mooburger vs. Big Ag Monoculture stuff vs. ethics; responsibility & unknowns...
?????❔,

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Try it you'll like it . I don't have the answers. It cost a lot of money to have the different harvesters. Cotton pickers combines cost more than peoples houses. Sometimes 10 times more. Detroit has died A lot of homes are being torn down. And people are raising gardens where there used to be houses. But most of what people eat today is corn. Because you drink corn with soda pop an you eat corn when you eat meat . If Americans eat healthy would have to be 40% more Mexicans to come up here to raise the food. And the food would be much higher. Corn is only worth three dollars for 60 pounds. Corn is mostly what we eat because it is cheap cheap cheap .

·
Registered
52 Posts
The soy burger costs a lot because its not truly farm grown soy. Heme from soy is "farmed" in a vat of yeast to make heme to make the burger have the mouth feel and look of cow meat.

From their website:

We started by extracting heme from the root nodules of soybean plants, but we knew there was a better way. So we took the DNA from these soy plants and inserted it into a genetically engineered yeast. We ferment this yeast to produce heme. Why use genetic engineering?

Yeast is the stuff that rises bread and makes vaginas itch .

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
  1. I looked it up its wheat an potatoes only 2% soy yeast Potatoes are also worthless as well as wheat

1 - 20 of 462 Posts