Honda Insight Forum banner

361 - 380 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Feel a little better tonight. I left my Ford diesel truck at the shop. And drove home the CVT. Car looks good.

went back in time three years -remembered hearing about cars that get better gas mileage. The Elio Some of those electric three wheel cars up in Canada. And boom bang Bam I found the Honda Insight. Three cylinder aluminum body 2 seater lite weight magnesium oil pan.A hybrid and then I found Insight Central.net. Wow wow wow. I’ve looked at it every day since

It changed my life. I’ve met different people all across the United States
And even one from across the pond who lives in Great Britain.

could not be happier.🤓

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
How do you feel about the smell of aluminum in the morning? ;)

Sam

·
Registered
216 Posts
..... I think if I survive the corona virus, I need to apply to a GEEK university.
I call myself somewhat tech savvy, but, this new ROKU TV I bought will send
you in every direction except something you want to watch. LOL. It takes 2
remotes to operate, and you can burn down a AA battery before you can get
to something you want to watch, and by then you're too tired to watch anything.
Oh, and if you get bored, buy an apple I PAD to completely send you over the
edge. I better stop before I sound like an old fogey......these gadgets are not
for our benefit anyway. We just pay and prostitute our information without our
expressed written consent.:confused:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
I’m watching a 1992 TV set. it has a 32 inch screen I think maybe 30 now I will have to go get a yardstick measure.In 1992 I could pick it up by myself now I will have to go and see if I still can even though it does not need moving.

The remote control I am using has to be squeezed a certain way to change channels. And I can only go forward. If I miss the channel I want -have to go all the way around again. The remote is on it’s last leg last breath and when it’s gone.I don’t know how to reprogram a new one but I bet you done figure that out.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a digital, flat-screen TV only because we had a death in the family and nobody else wanted a TV that was "so small." I think it's a 28-inch. It's connected only to the cable box. I can run it with one remote that's sort of fussy - 1 doesn't work very well and 4 kind of sticks, but at least I can go backwards!

The "good" TV, that's the big one... My spouse can run it, but I can't even figure out how to turn on, so I never watch it. I despise things that are stupidly complicated because, to me, it means some slacker isn't doing their job to simplify things and I'm paying the price for their laziness!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
I like things simple too. That’s why I got the Honda Insight. The hybrid battery charging and discharging clutch switch unplug BCM check engine light codes
The right brand name O2 sensor or you lose mileage on the 2000 model 20 w oil or 16w oil Use gas only or ethanol gas what tire pressure to boat tail or not-how close can you drive behind a semi truck without getting arrested or making him mad enough to
I love it simple IMA Bypass to leave your seat in or take one out windshield wipers optional simple simple simple.🤓

·
Registered
348 Posts
Laughing.
If I had one-tenth of the trouble with mine as other folks, it'd be gone as fast as I could sell it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've got it all figured out. I watched a video on Steve Miller, the rock singer that sung
"The Joker", Abracadabra and other hits. He was frustrated with all his 40 year collection
of music being so hard to facilitate, that he hired 12 year olds for 25 cents per CD to
download all his collection in alphabetical order. He said it was the best investment he
ever made.

Sooooo.....when the time comes for me to get a caretaker, Social Security will be paying
some 12 year old for me to do my maneuvering on the internet and TV. Forget the cooking
and cleaning. LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
My wife made an interested observation. We have had 51 deaths in New Mexico. Almost all of them were elderly, and almost every one reported had existing medical conditions. How many of these were about to die anyway?

Sam

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
COVID-19 is in the nursing home at Crockett County.

I am alarmed. They’re telling people who have been exposed to stay home self quarantined. I know people. Some will still get out and go around. They won’t know if they’re infected or not but will feel fine 20% of people spread the disease because they’re contagious but have no symptoms.

It’s rare to see someone wearing a mask in Crockett County. And most people eat at McDonald’s.Or small gasoline stores that sell hamburgers and chicken. It’s going to get messy.

I talked to a man yesterday on the telephone. Who argued you don’t have to wipe your food boxes off with Clorox wipes after buying them from the store. He thinks the store Walmart has all the food in there protected from the Virus.

I said you don’t understand. People are walking around in there Some will have the virus it will settle down on the food in the store. When you take it home you’re taking virus inside your house. It is well known you need to detox the food containers. Or leave them sitting outside for three or four days.

He said you were not going to make me afraid to buy food and eat it. I said I’m not trying to I’m trying to educate you.

there are so many things to be interested in like basketball football movies gambling politics mad about no basketball football movies gambling politics a lot of people have no idea about this disease.

I talked to a 30-year-old last night on the phone. He thinks the country is fixing to open back up because the disease thing is all over. I said less than 1 million people in America have been infected I know it’s more than that but that’s the numbers.

there’s 349 million more to go that’s what I told him. A lot of people are not tuned in and don’t realize what’s happening.

I am alarmed.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
I just saw one barrel of oil —crude oil —that is Texas tea. 42 gallons in a barrel of oil. Was $1.57. It was 25 dollars an something in Great Britain.

What in the wide World of sports Is going on.?

·
Registered
348 Posts

Crude's actually running in the negative numbers. They have to pay people to take it. Some folks think the ultra-low prices are a boon, but they'll put many, many people out of work because when you can buy oil cheaper than you can produce it, everyone stops producing and all the up- and down-stream workers are cut.

Last time anything close to this happened was in the 1980s. That when quit being a geologist and started being a computer guy. Never looked back. At the time, I worked for B.P. -- speaking of which...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
I agree.

I don’t know if it’s right. But I was told they have to slow the oil wells Down gradually.

If they just cut them off they won’t pump as well when they turn them back on.

so they’re paying people to take the oil.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Back when I was in the industry, there was a shutdown procedure that had to be followed for the health of the well and it’s environment. It depended on what and how fast the well is producing and what it’s supporting hardware was. It’s been a Geologic Age since I worked in the field. I’m sure thing have changed.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #378

i’m hoping other test will come in. With better results. I think news programs that are against President Trump select stories to make him look bad.

well of course they do. And if there was a Democrat president the other side would make that person look as bad as possible.That’s why I’m not political. At all.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #379

This guy is trying to make synthetic antibodies that will attack the coronavirus .

I’ve seen three or four other videos he has made made.

I wish him luck.

361 - 380 of 414 Posts