Honda Insight Forum banner

401 - 413 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #401

this video was my introduction to the Honda insight. Happen by chance. and I like the scenery reminds me of a trip
I made with my dad.

If I had not seen this video.I would probably still be driving the truck only. And would’ve missed out on a wonderful last three years. Thanks to everyone on insight Central

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Was listening to the radio station today.The people behind the microphone were saying if you wear a mask you’re a sissy.

It’s time to go to the tattoo parlor gymnasiumsDentist health spa’s places to get your haircut. Time to return back to normal life.

and I understand they make their money advertising for places like that. But you can’t return back to a normal not in my opinion. They also said 98% of the people do not die who gets sick

We have not planted one seed yet this year. It rains too often.

if I get sick next Monday and stay sick for 30 days. We will miss the planting season. We have already missed 12 days of it because of rain. The 12 best days.

everybody’s job is important. But some people can miss 30 days and they have just missed 30 days. Even me in the winter time. If my crew misses The planting season or harvest season we’re over.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nathan... To paraphrase my pap: The world is full of idiots, and every time you forget that, ten idiots step up to remind you!

So... don’t be surprised to be finding so many idiots.

I had to make a run to a big-box home improvement store and was astonished at the number of people not wearing masks and, what’s more, ignoring distancing. I had to tell a couple fairly large non-maskers to “please back away.” They were a pair of younger fellas who smirked and rolled their eyes, but they complied.

I didn’t tell them that I’m a 5th degree black belt in hapkido, but I was ‘way more than willing to show them! Joint-locking up some big idiot’s arm and tossing his big idiot butt to the floor would be a welcomed change of pace, even if I did have to violate distancing rules!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
I don’t know much. But one thing I do know. I don’t know much!

It is preferable to me to be mad. It’s a lot easier to be mad than to be scared or afraid.

it’s something a lot of people never think of —it’s much more enjoyable to be happy.

I went years not being happy. I always feel pressure to work work work. Then I found these cars. Always have something to feel good about when I look at them. I’m tired of being mad too old to be scared I want to be happy.

Took forever to see it. Now I got to just survive this epidemic. I’m wearing a mask and I’m not the bad guy. I just want to live and be happy. It sounds strange hear me say that.Took for ever to see it.🤓

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
Happy is good!

Sam

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
I have some good news. The nursing home In Crockett County had 7 sick people in it.No one has died. In my mind I thought if you were in a nursing home and had coronavirus you were likely to die. Does not seem to be the case..

I am still going to play it safe. Do everything I have been doing. But I think my sleep quality is fixing to be a lot better..

If my family can get through this and no one die. I will enjoy the rest of my life and have a whole new out look on what it means to be here.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nathan! Been thinking about you, pal. You get your planting done? It's been "rain, rain, go away" in these parts over the last few weeks. Nobody's getting anything into the fields (it's soybean and corn around here) and it's so wet, now, it'll take a month for the earth to support the machinery. The winter wheat's growing like gangbusters. Though I don't know if what happens if you dump too much water on it this time of year.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
I thought since January the virus would put us out of business. It’s going to be the rain. huge rain yesterday Rain three times last night-40% chance tomorrow and then it will be raining again in four days. We have not got one seed in the ground. A few people do have some stuff planted. Plus they will have to replant a lot of it because of all the floods.

The way you make a clay pot. Take wet dirt makes it up into a clay ball Then shape it into a bowl. When it gets hot it gets real hard like porcelain.

you could say the same on how you make concrete. Add water to sand gravel and fire treated lime stone.”Like super heated volcanic rock heats up lime stone and the Romans made concrete with it.

If a farmer works up wet soil. It makes the soil structure Particles adhere together like concrete. When it finally does get sunny and hot. Makes it hard for nutrients to be absorbed by plants. Huge yield reducer To farm in the mud.

when it’s early in the year April 25 to May 10. You don’t plant deep because you will finally get a rain It’s hard for Seed to come up in the wet if it’s deep in the dirt.

from may 15 to June 1 people plant deeper because the moisture is evaporated from the top inch of dirt.

The days are longer and warmer and the soil gets dry a lot faster. So you plant deeper.

but if you catch a huge rain With seed Planted deep you have to do it over. Seed won’t come up planted deep if it’s very wet.

it’s hard to get it right. corn comes up better than cotton or soy beans.

some of the wheat around here is not worth harvesting. It can rain too much on it if it doesn’t drain very well. You usually see Wheat on gently rolling hills. If it’s real flat it can be too wet for a good yield.

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Yeah, getting late to get a crop in :(

The charts say latest planting is:
Cotton: June 5
Corn: June 1
Soybeans: June 10

Maybe you get some good luck on the soybeans(y)

I guess drainage not great in West TN so takes a while for fields to dry out.

Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Came a flood last night. It rained hard the day before. We did get 200 acres planted.But when it rains that hard on one day planted stuff you have to do it over. Last night the only place it was raining in West Tennessee was from Memphis strait north to my house.

The ground won’t dry because it has a cover crop on it. It’s been sprayed and it’s dead but it prevents evaporation. Still ten more days of rain to come.

i’ve never seen nothing like this ever I’ve seen real bad years but this takes the cake. It was predicted 10 years ago that spring time would be more rain and it has been and the summers would be dryer.

it could get in the future no way to plant in the spring and the summer to dry for a good yield.That’s what was predicted 10 years ago on a weather prediction documentary I watched. That’s for my area an America.

Australia will have a different forecast along with different parts of the world. Some places may have better weather conditions and others much worse than their norm.

401 - 413 of 413 Posts