161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not sure how many rolls we use a month - but better ration ourselves!!! 😳

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
Yeah, I think hording and scalping are a big part of the shortage, but the whole thing becomes self fulfilling. When folks think it is in short supply, they will buy every chance they get. Just human psychology.

Oh - bog roll ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I went to see my therapist today, ( Husqvarna Riding Mower ) and he prescribed
a 4 hour workout. This was exactly what I needed to get away from the bad news
and TV. 14 days of rain had kept me indoors and chained to events. I never new
mowing could be a pleasure and therapeutic at the same time.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I worked in the shop today. Burnt my elbow real bad on a hot weld.One of my rubber boots got wet on the inside.

I brought some food eat from house today so I wouldn’t go eat at the Dairy Queen it was wet and cold.

Was climbing the ladder got a crick in my neck when I almost fell

people people were parking where I work and my brother got my mad and run them off.

dropped a sledgehammer oh my little finger and it still hurts even now.

Like 10 a see me said it was glorious!

·
Registered
272 Posts

Well - I’m heading to grocery store at 6 am (old people time!!) We’re going to beat this invisible enemy!! Stay busy with as much “normal” activity as possible - and keep your chin up!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I know how to self isolate. Makes the quarantine easier.

Drive and talk about Honda Insight at every opportunity with your friends. I mean the ones who drive 2015 through 2020 huge trucks.

Talk about personal weightlifting and arm wrestling events in your past since you were 13 years old up to present day. That’s about 45 years for me.

remind everyone you talk to of all the girls that broke her heart and you make car payments for. in every conversation.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Accidentally hit the wrong button. The advice given above has not only been tested to acquire isolation it has been proven isolation will be the result.

Live and let live and try and forgive.

·
Registered
272 Posts
“Do y’all say y’all up in Wisconsin?”

No - not usually... we say “You’ll”👍
I think only those people south of the Mason-Dixon line use “y’all”!!

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
You got that pretty much right. It must hurt to be a yankee - bless your heart :)

edited

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
A New Hope.
Med Cram no.43

Take time to watch this one along with as many others as you care for.

it gives me encouragement.
If I had not been born so good looking I probably would have been smart enough to do work like that.😎

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
I guess the women really didn't like Nathan wearing a Hazmat suit
and asbestos gloves on a date. That caused the isolation he is experiencing.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do y’all say y’all up in Wisconsin?
In western PA, where I growed up, they say y’uns or y’ins.

But, being called a “y’inzer” ain’t no compliment!

·
Registered
272 Posts
When you date only the hottest of women, you have to wear asbestos gloves!! :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Good to know that reminds me. Few years back in the wintertime weeks.

I would drive a semi truck.Went to Los Angeles California Laredo Texas 13 times down to Florida up to New York City before the towers fell -. I even got to go to Plymouth Rock.I forgot the little town that we stopped at ,it has something to do with Early American history something about how the
whaling industry got started some kind of special house is built there or homes that’s plural. I think the town started with a P anyway it’s real close to Plymouth rock and it has a nuclear power plant the Puritans nuclear power plant I delivered there. I gota good story to tell there it involves several guards with loaded machine guns. And they did not want me on the premises. And I was dressed for 30° and it was 6°. But that is another story for another day.

do you talk American-went to Colorado but back to South Carolina. I went to South Carolina went to a paper place to get paper. I mean 42,000 pounds of paper seven 6000 pound rolls.

Like on most trips I was lost. This was before the telephone and the little electronica maps you can buy that use satellites and tell you where you’re at and where to go.

I walked into a local gas station somewhere deep in South Carolina. The sunset was in progress the lights were getting dim I noticed that the atmosphere had cooled. I can feel it in the air. The store had a wooden floor it was an old place. Rustic. I seen the counter and behind the cash register. Maybe one of the most beautiful girls. Brown leather cowboy boots up to her knees dark blue Levi jeans and a co-op jacket halfway zipped up .She had red hair and one good green eye.

I could feel myself stand a little taller Italked deeper gave her my best James Bond look. And I asked do you know where the paper mill is.?

The sound that came from that ghostly white complexion that rich red hair that one good green eye.

It was an Ancient accent -King Henry VIII probably had the pleasure of hearing such a voice.... It was beautiful alluring inviting had never heard it before like the sirens that Ulysses was tied to the shI p so he could not go to them.

i’ll never forget what she said.
“Nope” guess you’re up **** creek without a paddle .

Staggering

I have never forgotten that Encounter beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Even if it’s just one good
green eye.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
The asbestos Gloves and the PPE is for pepper spray .when it’s warmer in the summertime they use a water hose

·
Registered
272 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
and sometimes less than skin deep!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Why some cows don't have horns:

A lady from the city went to a farm to observe various animals. She asked the
farmer why some of the cows don't have horns. He said, well some have the polled
gene and are genetically bred that way. Some of the calves have acid applied to
burn down their horns to stop aggressiveness, and some are done to enable the
cattle to aggregate and prevent injuries. She said, well why doesn't "That" cow
have horns? He said, because "That" cow is a horse.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
$.99 a gallon for gasoline.

i’ve got nowhere to go.

don’t want to go nowhere

to work to put in a crop And usually the prices are so depressed for the last 50 years what a joke it’s been —NBA basketball players make millions. Always wondered why. Sports versus food.

i’m pretty sure food will become bigger than sports in the next year because we will be handicapped to produce with most of the old guys dying

Attachments

161 - 180 of 222 Posts