Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seem to be FOUR items that are being offered to Honda Insight owners in large numbers. I am wondering if they fix a problem, or are they just snake oil in a different bottle?

1.) Voltage Stabilizer

2.) HID headlight bulbs and kits

3) Aluminum rear enforcement bar

4.) Honda Insight Performance Chip, Software upgrade part.

·
Registered
466 Posts
dtlee - I was wondering the very same thing...

I was so set-back with what he wrote that I had no response.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
snake oil

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm sure he's getting that from ebay, as I see them all the time. Except the "Aluminum rear enforcement bar", that's a new one on me. I love the "performance CHIP" that's simply a resistor, that's supposed to get you 40 more horsepower. :)

What's even weirder is those guys usually have hundreds of feedbacks which are positive 98% of the time. Jeezzz...
-Don

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
How about the electric turbochargers?!? :D

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
boogetyboogety said:
How about the electric turbochargers?!? :D
isn't that just a super charger?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
billysan said:
Did you just type 'honda insight' into ebay and see what the most common thing for sale for it are?
YES. that is exactly what I did. When I saw the plethora of products it occured to me that either something needed fixing OR there were some PT barnums out there selling snake oil.

·
Registered
987 Posts
What we're all waiting for are things like "low rolling resistance tires" and "front wheel skirts" and "solar powered A/C"...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have seen listings for an Insight dead pedal/carpet protector and the Armrest King center armrest on eBay. Both are worthwhile accessories. Mostly though, the eBay listings are snake oil.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I built my center arm rest and console storage and soon to me MIMA switch panel mount from a wooden thingy I found at the thrift shop for $3. I haven't the foggiest idea what it was originaly but it was pretty wood and well built and it was the right height width and length. All I had to do was cut the bottom to fit the EBrake housing and put a lid on the top.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, what would you expect from a person that owns 4 Jaguars?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Front wheel skirts??? :lol:
-Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
Patrickmilburn
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing