Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry it has been discussed i am new to the forum..but when you guys are talking about 60-70 mpgs...are you talking about what the gas mileage calculator that is always wrong or literally getting 600-700 miles out of a tank of gas.

mine has 220k miles and the most i have ever gotten out of a tank was at 553 miles... i put gas in it and it said i still had 12 miles left.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes, 70+ mpg and over 700 miles on a tank is doable!

Here was my tank fill from yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
he is talking about 2nd Gen insight. You would be lucky to find someone who is getting over 600 per tank in the 2nd gen. its possible, just not common.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ahhhh, I was wondering . . .

·
Registered
250 Posts
Never got less than 70 mpg on a tank when I'm driving local because I drive slower. My highest was 87. something from Boulder city NV to Sam's house in Albuquerque NM. He did it will a calculator twice because I thought my gauge was way off. I have to say about 300+ miles I had the wind at my back. Best at home here 83.1 at exactly 800 mile when it was cooler, still waiting for warm weather so I can destroy that # in my favorite beat up red one. lol

Even on our long trip I don't think Sam and I went lower than 63 mpg when we were driving 80+ much of the time with the wind and mountains in our face. I think a couple of our tanks were in the 70's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts