Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am Daniel, in Stillwater, OK. I know my username is misspelled, I will have to change it, or delete the account and start over, but first I have this question:

A month ago, at the beginning of September, I bought a 2002 Insight with 236,500 miles on it. The previous owner had neglected maintenance for a long time, and I am replacing a bunch of parts to make things right. After reading some of the InsightCentral forums, I decided to order parts from Majestic Honda in Rhode Island. So I placed the order, and didn't hear from them for two or three days, so I called and left a message. I got a call back saying that many of the parts were special-order, and it would be another week before they shipped. So, after waiting for that, and five more days for the parts to get here, I was excited to have everything and opened the box and quickly inspected the contents, maybe on a Monday or Tuesday night.

So far, so good, but I got busy replacing ball joints on my girlfriend's truck, and didn't have time to work with the car right then. When I finally came back to it the next week, I noticed the order is incomplete. Very incomplete. I'm wondering, did I just misplace a bunch of stuff, or were there really five items missing from the box? I want to call them and ask, but I thought I would check with everyone here first to see if anyone else has ever gotten an incomplete order, with the included receipt stating that everything was shipped? Maybe I did just misplace everything, but it has been a few days and I still haven't located the missing parts.

Here are the items that are definitely here, not missing:
OL999-9011 Coolant, type 2
32410-S3Y-A01 battery-starter cable
31512-S3Y-010 battery hold-down bracket
93404-06014-05 (qty. 2) 6x14 bolts for battery hold-down
94109-14000 Oil drain plug washer
15400-PLM-A02 oil filter

And, here are the items that are missing:
17218-PHM-000 part of air-cleaner clip
17219-P65-000 other part of air-cleaner clip
04741-S3Y-000 rear hatch shock/strut R
04746-S3Y-000 rear hatch shock/strut L
08P15-S3Y-100F passenger side front floor mat

I really do not remember unpacking a floor mat from the box, and the box doesn't look big enough to hold that. The air cleaner clips are small, they could have been in there, but I don't remember seeing them. The gas shocks for the rear hatch could have barely fit in the box diagonally if they were compressed, but there is no way they would have fit if extended, and I think they would have shipped them extended. Also, more recently, I have read on the forum that Majestic will not ship gas struts. So, I am missing almost $120 of parts from my order, and that is not good. I got my credit card statement and they charged me for the full order. I have not had any communication from them since the week before they shipped it. After typing all of this, I am becoming more sure that I am not crazy, and I did not misplace the items; rather, Majestic Honda simply forgot to ship half of my order. So, did this ever happen to anyone else ordering from them?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,125 Posts
Maybe you got box 1 of 2.
I haven't heard of anyone complaining about their service.
Call them.

Willie

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have only ordered from Majestic one time, brake lines running to the rear wheels. I ordered all the interconnecting piping. Order was complete. My problem was the brake lines were bent at the correct locations, but in a mirror image of what they should have been. Luckily I was able to re-bend them to work to keep from wasting another two weeks of the car being down. While this is not a shipping issue, are we seeing a quality control issue coming from this source?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I used them several times and were ok, the hatch strut came extended in a very long box, I think all was UPS ground but not very sure.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Have ordered from them several times and never had a problem, most I've ordered at one time was maybe 4 items so not big orders though. I think you'd remember the floor mats and hatch struts so I'd give them a call.

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
I've never had a problem with them. I'd call them. I'm sure their records will be accurate on their end. Do you have your invoice from them? What does that say?

I actually had them call me once and tell me that they had a part, front bumper cover, but couldn't ship it because of size. So IMHO they are honest and careful :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
follow-up

I did follow up with Majestic - I called them the next day when they were open, at lunch time, and explained the situation. The man seemed to think it was very unusual, but he took a look and found the other parts still setting there, and he said "we'll get them shipped out today." They did that, and I received them last Friday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts