Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost at 1000 miles with my Insight and this is the first time my Infotainment system screen started flashing. Apparently that indicates a malfunction or lockup. I could not change volume or the station I was listening to get any response from the system with the touchscreen or physical buttons (although I think at first there was some response while it was flashing but it eventually lost all response).

Eventually when I used my right turn signal, it showed the LaneWatch camera and after that it seemed that it rebooted and fixed itself... but it was probably down for about 10 minutes.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Fortunately no "significant" driving systems seemed to be affected.

Hopefully just a quirk like mobile phones, computers, and apps sometimes crash.....

Video:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow. No. Haven't had that issue (yet). Weird how lane-watch fixed the issue though. Can you provide details of anything leading up to the problem?
Could have been a coincidence that it rebooted after LaneWatch... or maybe not since LaneWatch uses the Infotainment screen and it somehow triggered the reboot when LaneWatch became active on the screen.

I really can't think of anything that I might have done to trigger whatever happened but it was at the time or shortly after I turned the car on.

If it starts blinking/flashing again then I'll post it but hopefully this was just a rare occurrence... maybe a software bug that will be fixed in an update but who knows.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
I think it would be benefical to contact the dealer and let them know what happened.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
I wouldn't wait. That puts you first in line for a fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've only had that happen with Android Auto enabled, but thought it was my phone since I stopped the car and started it back up to reboot the system that way. I might take it to the dealer as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts