Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has any inside information on how I can obtain an IMAS or Insight2, as soon as it becomes available, please email me. I called Honda on several occasions and I always get the same thing. Order it from your local dealer and you'll get it when you get it. Sheesh! My Insight has 184,000 miles and the first gear splines are grind over 4mph. I also have the SRS light on and the deal can't pinpoint the error, I am really hoping to holdout for the new one without just getting the same thing. Please email me if you can help since I can't always get to this forum. Thanks!

I can be reached at [email protected]

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm a little surprised that they are telling you to order a product that does not officially exist for sale...they are probably just trying to get rid of you. I think you are just going to have to wait like the rest of us. I know I'm waiting to see what comes out, apparently it will be in late 2005.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yeah, I don't know. They at best have only speculated about a replacment for the Insight. We don't even know for sure if it's comming or not.

As far as the problems with you car, someone told me Aamco actually can work on the Insight 5 speed transmission. Might be worth checking in to at least.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
This link is the firmest confirmation about an Insight replacement I have been able to find so far.

WhatCar Honda Article

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as the problems with you car, someone told me Aamco a

I went there and they test drove it, only to tell me it has problems and it would cost $300 to take it apart and look at it. The $300 could be applied to my repair....

I called the dealer today and ALL 5 speed insight trannies are interchangeable. I can just order one from a junk yard and have it put in for $500. This way I'll have a newer one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.