Honda Insight Forum banner

501 - 507 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
So did a fixed 33% with resistors on a db9 cable and already used to it. Car drives great..... i just want more now. Id be a terrible nitrous person. But with that said ive read the issues with the 40% or however much it actually equals out to. What is the upper and lower rpm zones where it gives troubles. The posts on the subject say its low rpm under regen. But is there an issue with upper rpm's? I dont have obd2c&c yet but thinking switching the relays with an rpm window switch. On at a certain rpm and off at a certain rpm.
Or ive thought about using the vtec wire to the solenoid to switch between the 33 and 40%
Would this work till i can get better control of it. And these ways would i run into the related igbt problems.
The variable current hack was interesting but guessing nothing became of it?

I know i need imac&c as well but just tinkering at the moment low budget trying things before i commit to full setup. So far everything has worked with the info in the posts. So thanks to peter and everyone else who has made it essy to modify these cars.

·
Administrator
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
High rpm is fine..

If you get an OBDIIC&C I will add the rpm switch function to the firmware for you.. ;)
You will need one later anyway.. E-mail me for details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting.

How much torque do you think the system will handle?

I suspect they gave themselves a safety margin ... but they also were trying to keep everything as light as possible ... so it might not be a very large safety margin.

--------

If it pans out I wonder about a single MDM then powering two IMA motors.

·
Administrator
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Current hack testing chat..

What % is correct? The reduction or the increase?

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
^ Your explanation makes perfect sense. And I think it makes more sense to label the current hacks according to the increase in output, not to the decrease in detected current needed to reach that output... So your '+50%' hack is, really, a +100% hack, for instance...

EX: Resistor choice reduces detected current by 40%, 100A minus 40% = 60A
Car needs to increase current by 100A/60A to get it back to 100A, =1.667, or 66.7%.
check: 60A + (0.667 X 60A) = 100A.
ergo: resistor choice that reduces current by 40% produces a +66.7% increase in output,
i.e. you've got a +66.7% current hack.

·
Administrator
11,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
People have asked recently about the FSC 'Fail short circuit' mod to prevent IMA codes with the current hack.

This video shows the procedure.

501 - 507 of 507 Posts