Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the new Insight have a display for lifetime MPG? I was told by the dealer that you can customize features and displays but he didn't know if that one was available. I'd look in the manual but I don't get my new car for a couple of days yet!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes it shows lifetime MPG as default. Then you can use select to move to to A & B for trip mpg, gas tank miles, or miles between oil change, etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Here's the manual..."

Michael,

Thank you! Now I will have a general idea of how this car works before I pick it up.

Dan

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just set it up to reset trip a after every fill up. and i leave trip b for lifetime mpg or i will reset it to keep track of miles between oil changes..So i guess if one wanted lifetime mpg they would never reset one of there trips.

We are at 60 miles on the odo. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
No there are two A screens the first one shows your total miles driven. Then when you move to trip A that one can be reset. So you can use both trips if you want and still have total lifetime miles. They have to have that reading if you think about it or it would kill the cars resale value.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well my wife just took the insight too work, my question is when your on your lifetime mileage setting i dont believe you can see you real time mpg.
I was under the impression that you would only be able to see mpg under your trip A or Trip B. I could be wrong but i dont remember going thru the menus and seeing 2 trip A's. like most cars they have your odo , then A and B

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that there is another fuel economy screen besides trip A and trip B but that one seems to be current drive and the last three. The other odometer is just that, miles only and can't be reset.

I'm in the habit of writing down every fill-up information and then reset A so I'll treat the new Insight the same way instead of the auto reset option. I beginning to think that Trip B might be the only way to track lifetime fuel economy other than the spreadsheet I keep.

Then there is the warning on page 82 of the OM that the numbers lost if you disconnect the battery so sooner or later even Trip B wouldn't be lifetime anymore.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree. I couldn't find a specific "lifetime mpg" on MID other than utilizing the Trip B info. But yeah, if battery is disconnected, everything will be wiped away.

I have a habit of keeping track of mpg's per tank and I think that's more useful information coz it tells you your driving trend (is it doing better? worse?)

I've been saving gas refuel receipts for my other car ('04 Subaru) since 30k miles. Now that car has 104k miles and I still save gas refuel receipts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Battery Removal reset of Mileage settings

It is pretty easy to keep 12Volts applied to the battery cable ends while a battery is being replace, or if your car has a "live" AUX plug-in you can keep 12Volts supplied there while the battery is removed. Should have a few years before you really need to worry about that.
-Ken

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is pretty easy to keep 12Volts applied to the battery cable ends while a battery is being replace, or if your car has a "live" AUX plug-in you can keep 12Volts supplied there while the battery is removed. Should have a few years before you really need to worry about that.
-Ken
Hey, Thanks for the good tip Ken!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts