Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Is there a significant difference between the 2000 insight vs. the 2002? There are two insights for sale in my city and one of them is a 2002 with more milage (40,000) and another one with less milage but older year (2000). Price difference is minimal.

What would you guys choose?

Thanks

John

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Hi Soul; obviously the 2000 is a manual transm. and so is the 2002? Are they the color you want? To make a good decision, go and carefully look at both vehicles in daylight hours. Give favor to the one that is cleaner, less interior wear, and higher lifetime MPG.

All things being equal, the 2002 is better because it's resale value is higher being 2 years newer. So it depends on the difference in total mileage on the odometer. I would say, off the top of my head, that the 2000 would need to have 20,000 miles or less, to make it the better deal...........

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Where in Canada do you live?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Even though the new Insight has more mileage, I pick the newer one. It is worth more and will most likely last longer (if it's in good shape).

·
Registered
804 Posts
The software/firmware is better on the 2002. Among other things, your battery's life expectancy should be longer. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts