Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gran Turismo 4 will only be availible for Playstation 2 I imagine, so those of you lucky to have one (or steal the neighbor's :D) are in for a treat.

Someone took a camera into the E3 booth and took a picture of some 300 cars that should be in the game when it's released (fall 2004?).

now onto the pics... I don't know of a public uploader, so I'll just have to link them. you can see the full gallery here

'99 White Insight

"New" Prius

Honda Dualnote

The game is japanese, hence the white colored Insight, and the '03 year for the Prius.

And for those not in the know, Gran Turismo is probably the greatest racing simulation series ever. Not just superb physics, but car modifications such as turbo's, suspensions, transmissions, even rims are just a few buttons away. It will be interesting to see what upgrades will be made availible to the Insight. Hopefully they'll get rid of the speed limiter as well :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
i'm almost expecting to do something like they did in GT3 for the Vitz; they might have a "hybrid series cup" or something -- a bracket of races in the simulation mode just for the hybrids...

just a hunch, i didn't get that from anywhere at all other than having played too much of that series as what could be possibly good for my health <G>

·
Registered
348 Posts
GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!

There WAS a Gran Turismo 4 Demo-Disc in which the ONLY driveable car was the Toyota Prius (old and new).
This game was shown at the Toyota dealers in Japan at the time the Prius II came out, other sources even suggest that every person who test-drove the Prius got a copy.
Also on the disc there was a promotional film from Toyota showing off the high-tech hybrid.
The goal of the game was to win the race with USING THE LEAST AMMOUNT OF FUEL :shock:

btw: The Honda Dualnote has already been in "Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva" Even with it's regenerative braking :wink:

·
Registered
180 Posts
How did I miss this thread when it was first up? I was crusing around those galleries the other day and found a picture that describes a "Fuel conserving Time Trial" where you have to go around the course as fast as you can while still getting 1l/10km.
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/489/489327/img_2162613.html?fromint=1

There is a demo disk from Toyota that was shortly available on their website, but now it only seems to be on eBay. There was also a "Prologue" version available in Japan which you can get here but requires a Japanese PS2 or one that is chiped.

Here's a link to a page with some videos including the Prius:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43081&page=1&pp=20

1 - 4 of 4 Posts