Honda Insight Forum banner

Insight Anecdote

2289 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  b1shmu63
I took my Insight for its MoT Test (annual Government inspection) today, the first one I have had to do since I bought it. New legislation means that the tests are thorough but my Insight passed with flying colours.

People waiting at the garage soon took notice of my "digital" car and paid it lots of attention (probably helped by their boredom and the "My car sips petrol, Yours sucks!" logo on the back).

Anyway I thought I'd share with you that the exhaust emissions test machine could not read any emissions from my tailpipe. :D The mechanics had to resort to revving the engine to about 5,000 rpm to get a reading and even then the readings were near zero. As I was leaving, the mechanic said "There is just fresh air coming out of the back of that thing!".....once again there are now a few more people better informed.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Mom drives a Honda CRV. It gets about 31 Imperial MPG and is used to haul trailers, docks etc.. We live fifty miles from the city. We have 3,000 feet of unplowed, unpaved trail to traverse just to get to the municipal gravel road. :shock: In England I undestand one is never more than 50 miles from the ocean. :roll: Hopefully the next SUV will be a hybrid.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.