Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you would enjoy this - Each year in a town near where I live a huge cruise night is held. You all know the drill with this. Cars parked, all shined up, cruising around town etc. It draws around 800 vehicles each year.

They finally opened it up to “special cars” besides those 20 years old and up…so there were some Saturn Skyes, Pontiac Solstices etc and one Insight.

That would be my “Key Lime Pi” Insight.

I figured – everyone has seen these by now, they’ve been around for over 7 years.
Boy was I wrong!
Responses ranged from Huh? to mockery to absolute fascination and tons of questions.

I did have some fun though – most of these folks won’t let you breathe on their cars. I don’t come from that school. “Go ahead – sit in it. It’s bigger inside than people think” etc.

My teen daughter and all her friends were hanging around as well. They had their turn to go for a brief cruise (ah that 5 speed can move if you want to) and all had a blast. They can in handy with some of the mockers who asked where the bicycle pedals were etc…”Dude that thing is fast, you don’t know what your talking about”

The most fun I had was when a couple asked me my name. “umm – Jetson, George Jetson that is..” The look on their face was priceless.

Two Honda 71(?) Z’s were there as well. I did take a picture of the one that was mint and can share it later, if anyone cares.

Lastly two things – one interesting and one question.

Interesting – I clay bar’d the car before the cruise night and waxed etc. The mileage went way up on the commute this morning 76 with windows down vs the normal 67. We’ll see if the downhill side of the commute tonight brings a boost as well..

Here’s the question – I’m still stereo shopping. Has anyone attempted to put one of the newer DVD players in the dash. I found one with Full ipod control, blue tooth etc here’s another with GPs as well), but I keep thinking that unless the deck sticks way out of the slot, there no way that the screen could flip up due to the dash design above it.

Oh – I think I have found another subwoofer solution too. More about that later.

Cheers :!:
Wayne

·
Registered
323 Posts
great report!!!!!! I would love a link to the pictures :)

No idea about the dvd player you inquired about. I have an Alpine stereo that you can control the ipod thru (lives in the glove box) and a sirius adapter where you control the sirius thru the alpine system as well. No fancy dvd screen.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi Waynetc and thanks for the posts :!: :)

But if you haven't noticed several of your recent posts were moved to forums that were a better fit for your chosen topic. Please spend a few seconds selecting the best fit so that when searching in the future your fellow Insighters will be better able to find the information.

Also when such information is better split in two different posts please do so (as in this case). Your radio question needs to be reposted in the Mod & Tech forum (simply cut and paste the pertinent segment of the above, then edit and delete it from the same).

Fellow Insighters: Please respond to Wayne's radio question there. (when posted)

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
That's a great description of what sounds like a great evening. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts