Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a dedicated book on the Insight and if not how we should go about convincing someone to compile one.

There are books on Porsche's,vette's etc, you name it and its out there but nothing as yet to my knowledge on our beloved Insight.
If the Insight is truely history with production stopped then its the ideal time to honor it with a book covering its inception right through to its demise.
We could all be contributors with our wealth of running experience not to mention enthusiasm and devotion to the product and the concept behind it.

If any vehicle deserved a book to be written about it the Insight surely does especially considering its design ethos.With environmental issues being the dominant theme from now on the two hybrids introduced at the beginning of the century deserve recognition.

Are there any budding writers among us?

DGate

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Good idea!

If the Insight had a 200 HP engine the book would already be on the shelves. ;)

What with the hypermile competitions, rally and motocross, turbos and dragsters, plus a host of technical innovations, awards and firsts, there is plenty of material.

I'm not sure if it would sell unless you called it, "Who Killed the Insight" , "The IMA Code" , "Insights for Dumbies" or "Around the World in 80 Gallons". :badgrin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pro writer/EV journalist interested in doing Insight book

As a contributor and later editor of the Electric Auto Association's Current EVents newsletter, I covered the Insight when it was known as the Honda VV and kept track of it until I managed to buy Hurricane, my 2001 electron-blue baby. As an electrical engineer who has worked on EVs, I also have technical expertise.

I am also a published novelist with a literary agent. The only problem is that he doesn't handle much non-fiction. If a publisher or editor were to express an interest, then my agent would, of course, step in to handle the negotiation. If someone from the group knows about a possible publisher, I'd be willing to explore the idea.

Right now I have a couple of other book projects going, but I am definitely interested. I agree that the Insight is a pioneering vehicle and deserves a book on its origins and development.
How about "Pioneering Insight" as a title?

Clare Bell
the website for my fiction titles is home.earthlink.net/~ratha13

1 - 5 of 5 Posts