Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm currently looking for an article/review writer for the Honda Insight, preferably the 04. It will be for my hybrid website, GreenHybrid http://www.greenhybrid.com and will be similar to my own Prius review at http://greenhybrid.com/explore/articles/meet_midori.php . You will recieve full credit and have the satisfaction of having a published article. Digital photographs are a must.

Please let me know if you are interested or know someone who may be. Thanks!

Also, if you are interested in writing an article concerning _anything_ about hybrids, there's room for you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i WOULD do one....., but i dont have an insight...anyone gonna let me borrow theres ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Writing an article that would do justice to the car would take a major effort. In some of your early posts to this site you seemed rather critical of the Insight.

"I have known for some time that the Insight was never doing extremely well The Insight is not in demand ...Honda will phase out the Insight because, frankly, it isn't popular enough. Honda Insight: Depreciating, deflating in cost, discontinuing a possibility, Toyota Prius: In demand, inflating in cost, a new paradigm"

It is difficult to understand why you would want that effort put into an article about a car which is being outsold by Prius 130 to 1 and which some are speculating will become part of automotive history in a months time. I think Honda got it right, but was 15 years to early. By 2020 most people will appreciate a car that doesn't rust and achieves a 70+ LMPG. Personally I can't imagine myself wanting anything else as my main vehicle. Sadly, due to poor publicity, many will not realize what they missed until it is too late.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I'll do one

I think it is the greatest car, and wish I had gotten it years ago.

Whether it is going to be discontinued or not, it doesn't change the fact that it is great. I am sure that Honda will make something even better one day, but in the meantime there are still quite a few out there and people are still buying and selling them as used vehicles.

The more people are educated, the more likely that the car manufacturers will take notice and incorporate some of the Insight's qualities in new cars. Otherwise they'll just keep selling badly made gas guzzling vehicles like the push to aggressively now in their advertising...

The Insight deserves a good review for your site, if you don't have one yet!

http://fungiart.com/insight/

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b1shmu63,

My bias towards the Prius is obvious, but then again there is a similar overall here towards the Insight. It's no shock.

I developed my site to concern ALL hybrid vehicles. I felt that it would be important to have a community and information resource independent of ties to a single vehicle. I may prefer the Prius, but that does not mean I do not appreciate the Insight! I think it would be a great idea to have reviews for every hybrid available, as well as a myriad of articles about other topics.

Wouldn't you like to brag about your green machine? :D

G

·
0 Posts
I am interested in doing an article for you. I do however only have an '02 model.

What format would the artcle have to take?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts