Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** Sharing a note received following my queries re: center armrest:
Hi Scootr
I got a confirmation that armrest is ready for production so I am going to make a first order on Monday. It usually takes up to one week for processing the order and 4-8 weeks for shipping it here. So the armrest should be available in about 2 months, maybe sooner.
Best Regards,
Witold Swirski
Armrest Kingdom
http://www.armrest-autoaccessories.com

·
Registered
473 Posts
Me too. Any idea what the cost will be, and if it will be available in both Insight interior colors?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I received an email from Witold last night. He has received the armrests and is shipping me one today. I will post pics when it is received.

Here is the url to the armrest page:

http://tinyurl.com/2n4gdn[/url]

·
Registered
366 Posts
LoNOx 1 said:
I received an email from Witold last night. He has received the armrests and is shipping me one today. I will post pics when it is received.

Here is the url to the armrest page:

http://tinyurl.com/2n4gdn[/url]
WOW!!! $96 that's expensive. I would like to see pics when you get it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
armrest console on eBay

I bought the one from the company in Canada on eBay. It just arrived today and fits like a glove! Yes it was expensive, but I am very happy with this purchase!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: armrest console on eBay

ibjeff said:
I bought the one from the company in Canada on eBay. It just arrived today and fits like a glove! Yes it was expensive, but I am very happy with this purchase!
Can you comment on how it's mounted and if it feels nice and solid when you rest your arm on it?
If it truly looks and feels like a factory item once installed, I'm okay spending a 100 bucks on this.
I only wish it was available in a gray that matches my interior.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The installed armrest is very sturdy and well-designed.

[/img]

·
Registered
344 Posts
The armrest from ARMREST KING made it to Southern Illinois from Canada in only three days. It was well packed in a plastic bag with bubble packing around it. (Bubble wrap removed)

Included was a sheet of directions and the necessary screws and caps for installation.
The directions were generic to several armrests but explained the installation well. It even had pictures!

It was necessary for me to secure the emergency brake housing better. The nylon screw inserts were stripped and would not tighten. I bought a couple license plate nylon inserts for a Ford that snapped into place perfectly.

The #10 pan head screws fastened the housing securely.

The ABS molded base has an extrusion that fits in the notch in the top of the emergency brake housing. Setting it in place, it fit snuggly. The extrusion is a little more than one inch shorter than the recess it sits in. This allows position adjustment.

I slid it all the way back and tested it by resting my elbow on it and operated the shifter. I installed the screws (without drilling a pilot hole), installed the screw caps, and the installation was complete.

The top of the armrest pivots up to reveal carpeted storage inside.

The whole armrest will pivot up as well to reveal a small void that could hold something small such as change.

A beefy ABS hinge securely attaches the lid to the body.

Ecological leather covers the exterior of the box and padded lid.

http://armrest-autoaccessories.com

·
Registered
473 Posts
That really looks great, except for the color. Insight only comes with gray and tan interior and
they go and make the armrest in black. Duh. :)

I just emailed and asked if they had any plans or could be talked into making them in at least the
gray.

·
Registered
330 Posts
armrest console on eBay

Well I have had this armrest installed for a few weeks and I can't imagine not having it!!!!!! It is sturdy and the storage is nice. I still think it looks factory. When I brought my Insight in for service at the dealer, they wanted to know where I got it from! They thought is was great.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, ibjeff. I'm awfully tempted to get one (for at least one of my Insights, if not both!).

Does it get in the way at all? Do you find yourself bumping into it because it wasn't there for so long, or does it feel like a natural extension of the car?

Thanks!
-fly

·
Registered
330 Posts
armrest console on eBay

It feels like it was always there. Just a natural fit!

·
Registered
473 Posts
bagwell said:
I emailed them about a possible group buy...we'll see what the price is.
I'm going to get one, even if I have to pay full price. I'll wait though and see what you come up with. I've already been in contact with them about the color, and they were very responsive, but it's not in the cards. Apparently they only buy the material they use in black, and with the limited number of sales to Insight owners, they just can't justify getting special materials to match the Insight interior colors. As I expected...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts