Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Most news articles on catalytic converter theft in the UK are about Toyota Prius, Honda Jazz, and Honda Accord. There’s literally no mention of Honda Insight being a target.
Do you think this is because there are fewer Insights out there compared to Jazz, or is it because Insight’s catalytic converter is more awkward to cut by a thief?

·
Super Moderator
8,857 Posts
Not many cars, then small raw # though the percentage many be close to same. In UK are thieves stealing them for the core or are they stealing them to mount them on their cars?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
When I was there 25 years ago there I was told they are stealing them for parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not many cars, then small raw # though the percentage many be close to same. In UK are thieves stealing them for the core or are they stealing them to mount them on their cars?
They are stealing them for the valuable materials inside the cat.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello everyone!

Most news articles on catalytic converter theft in the UK are about Toyota Prius, Honda Jazz, and Honda Accord. There’s literally no mention of Honda Insight being a target.
Do you think this is because there are fewer Insights out there compared to Jazz, or is it because Insight’s catalytic converter is more awkward to cut by a thief?
Doubt it

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought my G2 Insight a week ago. I was going to buy a Prius, but was put off by a recent outbreak of Prius cat theft. However there are a LOT of Prii here in London so what are the odds, realistically? No matter, I discovered the Insight by Googling 'alternatives to Prius' and I'm very glad I did. A much better car in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts