Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all Insighters in North Carolina.

Let's have a get together on a Saturday or Sunday, I think it'd be fun to go up Mt. Mitchell or some other mountain and have lunch at a mountaintop restaurant. Please chime in with your open weekends, and an idea of where to meet and what to do. I'll start...

I am open the 2nd week in July and thereafter. Mt. Mitchell and lunch. Maybe some light hiking. :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in! I can pretty much get together any weekend EXCEPT the 8-9 & 22-23 of July. Saturday or Sunday works for me. I'm all for lunch and maybe some light hiking (what I really want to do is get a look at your horn mod) :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Count me in for any weekend after Jul 8....

[mod insert]:

From a deleted multipost ncnightowl wrote:

Wanna try for Sunday Jul 9?

Does a trip to Pilot Mt. or Stone Mt. State Pk. sound ok w/ y'all?

[end]

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
July 9

Sounds great! I don't know either place so I don't know which is better. Gatornail, Seems we just can't nail down a weekend. Is there any way you can get away? I would've this weekend, but we're moving in our new place. 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: July 9

Sorry, I'll be driving back from FL on the 9th (and I can't get out of plans for the 22-23 either) but other than those two weekends, I'm free anytime. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
narrowing it down

Looks like the winner is July 15th or 16th. How about Saturday July 15? How about a vote as to where we go? I would prefer someplace that has a place for lunch. Does this time work for everyone?

·
Registered
75 Posts
That works for me. I second the anyplace we can get lunch :) (since I don't know the area, I'm willing to meet pretty much anywahere.)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
July 15th or 16th

Does a trip to Pilot Mt. or Stone Mt. State Pk. sound ok w/ y'all?
Which one of these has a restaurant?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Time and place

I did some checking and Pilot Mountain State Park looks like a winner!
http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/pimo/home.html
There are picnic areas, hiking and Bean Shoals Canal Hike on the 15th. If I can find it, I'll bring my portable grill. If not the park has grills.

I suggest Saturday 7/15 at 12:00 with Sunday 7/16 as a raincheck day.

1792 Pilot Knob Park Road, Pinnacle, NC 27043

I can bring the hotdogs.

How many takers do I have? 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh, just looked at the website...are we meeting at the North River section or the South River section (the directions on the website are different for each.) :?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Jersey Insighters.

I see no reason why not. Just bring something to share.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]North River section or the South River section (the directions on the website are different for each.)
I think the north would be better. Better view.

·
Registered
79 Posts
get together

We won't make it this weekend, but think it is great you all are getting together! It is nice to know that there is a "community" here in NC of fellow Insighters. I just would love to spot one of you going down the road. I've yet to see another one since I bought mine last week.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone have a porta-grill?

I have a portable coleman grill, but the movers packed away my pop-in regulator and I can't find it. If anyone has a portable grill or the regulator I need, please let me know or I'll be bringing something cold instead of hotdogs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts