Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Thanks very much Braxus.
I hope the pics are of interest to fellow Insighters.

· Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Rick

I am reasonably certain that my system does not have the paper speakers. I estimate I get 25-30 Watts per speaker. How does that compare to your experience with the paper speakers? Otherwise I can check at the weekend...

· Premium Member
1,516 Posts
144 Volt Rick - I have checked my speakers this weekend and sadly I have the OEM papery speakers on my Japanese system, including rear speakers. Given the importance nearly everyone on the forum places on changing the speakers, I now feel duty bound to change my speakers. (Any excuse!).

I have looked around on the web in the UK and Eclipse speakers are not sold here. However I have found your Infinity speakers - Model 655, 60W RMS and £40 ($63) but I am concerned about the depth of them and the fact that they have four square screw holes, rather than three triangular ones.

Therefore I am more tempted by Pioneer's Model TS-G1746 which although they are only 35W RMS, they are £25 ($39), shallow basket and have triangular screw holes. Remember I have to get two pairs.

Does anyone know what the wattage of the OEM speakers are? Would the Pioneers actually be any more powerful? How easy is it to fit the square screw holed speakers such as Infinities? Presumably I am right in looking for 6.5" speakers? I would be grateful for advice.

· Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I've spent a few quid.....

For those that are interested, I have ditched my Japanese entertainment system and replaced it with the Alpine INA-N333R. The Alpine is a single DIN, DVD based Satellite Navigation CD & Tuner unit. Please see attached link for photos.

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chr ... .dir=/1564

The DVD covers the whole of Europe. Great sound (4 x 45W) and has a lovely sounding lady telling me where I should be going. Necessary because my new job means that I will be travelling around the UK a great deal more. The blank cover over the second DIN slot is none too pretty but serves as an extra cubbyhole. It was far too difficult finding a double DIN replacement; they are all flip out screens nowadays. There is a discrete GPS receiver on the dashboard. I will probably get a CD/MP3 changer for the boot in a month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.