Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you see the Honda Commercial last night on the Speed Channel?

It was durring the Barrett Jackson Collector Car Auction Friday night.

It showed the Insight, Civic & Accord Hybrids and stated that Honda was the ONLY car company offering 3 Hybrids.

GO HONDA! This is the first ad I've seen with the Insight since I bought mine in Oct.

Dave in Kansas
01 Insight
04 Civic Hybrid

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
No I missed that one, but I did see one for the Accord Hybrid. They started off saying thier logo phrase "The most self indulgent car in the world, or the least." It was at this point that it got my attention and I looked up and they had the Accord on some tropical beach somewhere, then they did a quick gasoline electric bit.

Ok going off topic, did you see the GM Oldsmobile F88 Concept car do 3 million :shock: this evening? I was actually at Barret earlier today. Stuff was bringing insane money.

·
Registered
566 Posts
aerocar said:
Did you see the Honda Commercial last night on the Speed Channel?

GO HONDA! This is the first ad I've seen with the Insight since I bought mine in Oct.

Dave in Kansas
01 Insight
04 Civic Hybrid
And it will probably be the last one. I saw it several weeks ago during a football game, and have seen it a couple times since.

·
Registered
303 Posts
not watching much TV lately...

Just curious, what color was the Insight in the ad? I know the one in the video was blue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Re: not watching much TV lately...

jsanford said:
Just curious, what color was the Insight in the ad? I know the one in the video was blue.
Silver....

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
All 3 cars in the commercial were silver.. ish if I recall. They had the three lined up, then they panned from the silver Insight to the blue silver Civic, then to the silver accord. However, when I saw the commercial it wasn't on the speed channel.

·
Registered
222 Posts
aerocar said:
It showed the Insight, Civic & Accord Hybrids and stated that Honda was the ONLY car company offering 3 Hybrids.
It would be nice if Honda would make it a real car that was really offered on real car lots for people to really drive and really buy instead of just using it as a ringer for highest mileage and one of three "offered" hybrids.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Paul, I thank God this imaginary person found his mythical Insight in an imaginary Ottawa showroom, henceforth sailing tens of thousands of etherial hyperkilometers through backroad astral plains.

Insight......Unreal drivers wanted! :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
b1shmu63 said:
Paul, I thank God this imaginary person found his mythical Insight in an imaginary Ottawa showroom, henceforth sailing tens of thousands of etherial hyperkilometers through backroad astral plains.

Insight......Unreal drivers wanted! :lol:
OK, yes, you found one on a lot, in what, late 2001 for your 2002 model? That is a long time ago. I too saw a new one on a lot (in 2002). Once. I have seen more solar eclipses by accident than I have seen Insights on purpose. That is no way to sell a car.

Go to that lot today and look for one. I'll paypal you US$10 right now if they have a 2005 on the lot. You paypal me $.10 for every civic you see. Deal?

Yes, I agree that is IS POSSIBLE to today buy an Insight, but here in Michigan, I would have to put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit and wait an unknown amount of time for it to arrive. Test drive? Nope. Look at it? Forget it.

That is not selling a car, that is offering a token highest-mileage vehicle to a tiny number of insane fanatics (I would qualify, so don't get huffy) so that their marketing department can brag. We all know it's true (and sad).

That we all get excited to see an Insight in a car ad only highlights my point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts