Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my copy of GT4 yesterday, and zooming around the old Nurburgring in my silver Insight was a hoot! I really nailed that Daihatsu Charade!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was hoping it would play over the internet so we could have a little race amongst ourselves. Pity that feature was dropped.

Does it display your m.p.g.? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
i raced in a sunday race on my friends game, and I got smoked, i was actually losing speed with it the gas to the floor while going uphill. :?: :evil:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Ivelostr2:

___As Ext1jdh mentioned, did it have our instantaneous and segment FE meters? I would love to see how that was simulated as well as try it out for myself. I could care less who wins but hitting the highest FE of any car on a given track would make my day ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:547d2bjk][email protected][/email:547d2bjk]

·
Registered
44 Posts
xcel said:
Hi Ivelostr2:

___As Ext1jdh mentioned, did it have our instantaneous and segment FE meters? I would love to see how that was simulated as well as try it out for myself. I could care less who wins but hitting the highest FE of any car on a given track would make my day ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:27dn94uc][email protected][/email:27dn94uc]
I'm gonna go over a friend's and play again on Sat, so I will let you guys know if it does have those gauges, but I don't remember them being there, I think they would have stuck out...

Nick

·
Registered
741 Posts
There's a Prius too.

Is there a Civic Hybrid?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is the Insight in GT4?

I picked up this game Friday, but have yet to find the Insight in the massive list of cars. It is conspicuously absent from the Honda list in Arcade mode, although the 05 Prius is the first up in the Toyota list.

I am guessing the Insight is not available in some modes of the game? I was experimenting with the GT mode, and I was able to select a Classic Prius as a used car to play with.

FWIW - The 05 Prius shows a simplified Hybrid Synergy Drive diagram and instantaneous fuel consumption display. You can also bump up the power and lighten the vehicle in the Tuning page, as well as try different tires or even throw in a manual transmission (didn't try that).

So, where's the Insight??!
--
Geoff Shepherd

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will add that when I played the demo setup at Fry's on Friday, I was passed by a silver Insight! Between that and the gorgeously rendered Seattle track (though somewhat dated in that it still has the Kingdome instead of the new stadium), my jaw dropped, and I was soon parted with my $37.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Insight is there in both arcade mode (in the middle of the Honda line-up) and in Gran Turismo mode (first Honda). I missed it in arcade mode at first but I saw it later on.

A silver one was my first purchase in Gran Turismo mode. Watching the replay of it lapping the old Nurburgring is quite fascinating, but I now enjoy that track much more driving a JGTC Supra!

·
Registered
76 Posts
johnc said:
I was hoping it would play over the internet so we could have a little race amongst ourselves. Pity that feature was dropped.
OT, but it is possible to play GT4 over the internet. me and a friend each setup machines at our respective houses. openbsd configured with a giftunnel between us, and each side using bridges between the LAN-facing interface and the gif interface used for the tunnel. this allows ethernet frames to go over the net, and provided you configure the right IPs ( or just use the autolan feature in GT4 ), the two playstations will see each other as if they were connected locally ( eg - a hub ).

we have about 23ms RTT latency, from either end to the other, and the 'light' network mode is playable. it is not awesome, as there is a slight amount of jerkiness now and again, and overall the whole scenario seems to be running at about 70%-80% the speed of a normal game ( ie - slow-motion-ish, to a small extent )., but it did function.

back On Topic, in GT4 prologue, the Prius did have the OBD with the synergyDrive meters and stuff, but i don't yet know if it is present in the GT4 with that, either for insight or prius.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can GT4 be used to learn to drive for maximum fuel economy? :lol:

I need to practice accelerating through second gear without using assist.

just kidding...

Regards,

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow! that is pretty cool, I never even knew the Insight was in that game, I have never played it, I am not too much into games, but I do have a big collection, although I never really play them anymore, I just don't have time to.

·
Registered
338 Posts
ok....that's it....

when I get home I'm gonna dish out as much cash as possible into one of them in the game and see what HP i can get claimed.....

I'll tell ya how the changed gearing, racing tires, turbo, chip, and nitrous feels......

stay tuned.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts