Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through the channels tonight, and saw Nopi Tuner Vision on speed channel. Although I don't know what Nopi is, I read that Ksight was going to the Nopi Nationals, so I stopped on the show. There was a cool Camaro and hot chicks in bikinis, and just as I was going to change channels, they had a rear shot of a Honda Insight doing a burnout. It had a single wheelie bar in the rear which I thought a bit strange, so I waited for the commercial to end. It was a front wheel drive Insight driven by Norris Prayoonto (I think) and the show was from Epping New Hampshire at the drag way.

The show did not say anything about the car, but it had really skinny tires in the back and wider in the front. Still don't know what the wheelie bar is for, but the car appeared fast. It was fun to watch, even if only for a few seconds going down the track. Anyone know of this car? Are there other videos or shows that it's on?

robert

·
Registered
466 Posts
the "wheelie" bar is really a traction bar, used to keep down-force on the front wheels during acceleration. front wheel drive cars tend to lift up on the front enough to lessen traction. not good...

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Congratulations, you saw one of two Insight dragsters that have been setting class records for a couple of years. The small window that was removed to put in the traction bar is now part of my Insight, (another story).

1 fifth wheel conversion
1 electric conversion
2 dragsters
several turbos
1 Integra conversion
1 ethanol powered British rally champion

That's quite a list for such a low production vehicle. 8) :D :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
b1shmu63 said:
1 Integra conversion
:?: :?: whats this? you have a link to info about it?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,120 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, the Integra is the dragster with the wheelie bar.

In my opinion, the dragsters shouldn't be listed on Kips list because they do not use an Insight engine. Just the body with extensive modifications.

The "heart" of the Insight is the engine.

If you put a chevy engine in a mustang body is it a Ford or a Chevy? :p

Willie

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I was refering to the K20 conversion. A little research shows that the K20 engine (2.0 Liter) has been used in the Civic, CRV, Stream, and Integra-R.

Prayoonto's car has had a number of engines. one was a K20A2 borrowed from the RSX Type-S. I believe it currently uses a 2.4 liter Honda I-4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts