Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A former owner of an 06 Civic, S2k and Integra(s).

I am planning to change my 06 Civic and considered these two.
2010 Insight (CVT) = $16,988
2011 Fit Sport (Manuel) = $17,488

I test drove an 2010 Insight (Auto) and a 2011 Honda Fit (Manuel).
Last night and both got me pretty good. I test drove a Fit before but the manuel made it fun.

I am pretty much torn between the two even after research, driving, etc...
How economy is right now... Insight be nicer, and being a 2010. I don't believe the battery be bad anytime soon, however.

I also like the Fit Sport in Manuel, I believe the MPG on the Fit be better then my Civic auto (not much but better).

What do you all thing? Please not be biased, I know both cars just still can't decide and NO, I can't buy both! lol~ Any owners here or have driven both cars and can give some thoughts, insights for me to consider?

Also, I am married and have step kids but its primarily my wife and I so passenger room is not an issue.

It comes down to mpg vs cargo and well features... maintenance, safety...

BTW... I live in TX so how are the A/Cs?

·
Registered
156 Posts
What are the options that are included with the Insight and the Fit?

They are both pretty comparable in terms of size and functionality. That is a tough call, but personally, I would get the fit because of resale value (seems like the 2nd gen Insight is not as good on resale value as most Hondas) and the fact that it is a simple car. The mpg difference is almost comparable so it's hard to say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What are the options that are included with the Insight and the Fit?

They are both pretty comparable in terms of size and functionality. That is a tough call, but personally, I would get the fit because of resale value (seems like the 2nd gen Insight is not as good on resale value as most Hondas) and the fact that it is a simple car. The mpg difference is almost comparable so it's hard to say.
Its why I have a dilimea. They are both pretty similar in terms of relativ pro and cons.

They are both EX, both have Tint and I suppose stock everything else.
Both come with floor mats but the fit has a trunk utility mat. Fit has Fog lights~

I am more kin about the Fit in exception to my wife liking the auto more on the Insight. Only reason is because if we ever need to swap cars, she can drive an auto but a standard, it take some work. Overall I think I may just go for the FIT. It sounds like the better deal for the marginal price and mpg difference.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Honestly I'd probably go with the Fit myself... it's a well appointed (in the sport model), great handling, utile little car. No added complexity of the IMA system, but don't kid yourself you'll regularly be making gas mileage over 40, since it's pretty much a brick, aerodynamically. Better headroom in the rear too.

The thing that would change my mind is if you had a long commute (over 55-60 miles round trip)... I'd probably go with the Insight as the gas savings would rack up quickly.

Sam

EDIT: Fit sport has a frontal area of 23.1 and a a Cd of 0.35 (CdA of 8.08 ), the Insight is frontal area 20.0 and a Cd of 0.28 giving a CdA of 6.12... it WILL get significantly better highway mileage than the Fit, 300 extra pounds or no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly I'd probably go with the Fit myself... it's a well appointed (in the sport model), great handling, utile little car. No added complexity of the IMA system, but don't kid yourself you'll regularly be making gas mileage over 40, since it's pretty much a brick, aerodynamically. Better headroom in the rear too.

The thing that would change my mind is if you had a long commute (over 55-60 miles round trip)... I'd probably go with the Insight as the gas savings would rack up quickly.

Sam

EDIT: Fit sport has a frontal area of 23.1 and a a Cd of 0.35 (CdA of 8.08 ), the Insight is frontal area 20.0 and a Cd of 0.28 giving a CdA of 6.12... it WILL get significantly better highway mileage than the Fit, 300 extra pounds or no.
The only long commute is if I took the family to a mini vacation or trip.
HWY miles to the mall, but primarly it be work on daily basis of maybe 16-25 miles back and forth.

The Insight keeps popping back, I may just have to go sit in it again and see how I feel.

What are the likes and don't likes? How it is on travel?
I do admit, the noise of the Fit felt lower than the Insight... where I thought it be the opposite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts