Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Insight ordered through a Honda dealership here in Maryland. I ordered it on Jan. 15. The dealer called me on Feb. 20 to say that the car had been built and they were waiting for a ship date from the factory in Japan. Still no ship date. For those of you who had to order your Insights from the dealer, how long did it take for you to take delivery?? Thanks for any "insight" with my dilemma with the Insight.

P.S. I hope they really ordered it and are not just stringing me along by locking me into a deal with them ($500 deposit) and then making me wait until they can "locate" one for me from local dealership sources. I do not trust any dealership--I have been lied to too many times in the past.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Why not just call a dealership that had some in stock? Or buy from out of state and have it delivered. There are some great deals out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to order the car because no dealers in the 6 state area around Maryland had a red 5-speed with a/c in stock. If you know of a finders service out there who could locate one for me, please let me know. Or if you know of any "good deals" out there, I would sure like to know about them. I looked and looked but could not find any.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I checked for a used car on autoweb.com and I think thats where I found my 2000 5sp with a/c, but you can specify how many miles from you, or national. If not, there are a few others out there. http://www.autovantage.com and http://www.autobytel.com. Maybe theres a possibility that they could flatbed one from, say, NY, to you. Or take a train up and drive your new car back on one tank!

Michael

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow...I guess inventory is really low for Insights, especially 5-speeds. A year ago I was shopping for a silver 5-speed in Southern CA. No dealer around had one, but they had plenty of CVTs. There was one 5-speed at a dealership but it was red and I didn't want to be too "flashy". After 3 short weeks I couldn't wait any longer and settled for the red...it actually is a cool color (I never thought of the blue until recently and I think that would be my color of choice now...but too late!) Anyway, just to show you the low inventory that is out there, especially if Honda is going to discontinue the line soon. At least yours will be fresh from the factory and not have sat in the sun for sometime. Do make sure the dealer is telling you the truth and not just find one somewhere and call it "straight from the factory".

Good luck and enjoy it when you get it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts