Honda Insight Forum banner

Insight parts car in Northern CA? (Modesto)

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tryingbe 
#1 ·
I am looking for an Insight parts car to help maintain my two Insights, Hurricane ( MT, blue 2001, purchased 2006, nearly 200,000 miles, 50,000 mine) and Typhoon (MT, silver, 2000, purchased 2016,
about 80,000 miles)

I did buy a lot of spare parts from folks on Insight Central (thank you very much, fellow Insighters), but to cover all bases, I'm looking for a parts car. I had actually bought the silver as a parts car, but it was such a good driver, so I kept it as is.

I would like to find a silver or blue MT, with a good body. I don't want one that is too complete, or I will fall in love with it and not want to tear into it. It would be nice if it were marginally drive-able (so I don't have to trailer it ) but if I need to, I will. Or if you want to deliver, I can pay a bit extra.

I want to keep driving my 2 sweeties for the next 20 years, especially as CA gas prices are near $4.00. I don't want them to fall apart before I do (I'm a healthy 67). And I get a real kick when I drive them.

Rathacat (Clare Bell)

#3 ·
He had better jump on it. Looks like the right one.

Willie

#5 ·
I did jump on it, the same day that I saw this post. Sent an email to the seller, but didn't get a response. I checked to see if it might have been spamblocked, but it wasn't. The listing is still up on craigslist. Maybe someone else jumped faster than I did?

I do have a lot of parts and a list of them. Maybe I should just buy the ones I'm missing.
Oh well, thanks for the heads-up. BTW, I'm a she.

#6 ·
Seems like the "seller" prefers TEXT over E mails.

Willie

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.