Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was thinking we could have a sticky where anyone can create a single updatable post of repairs to date with respective engine codes if known. No replies would be allowed, and it would be a database. Carsurvey.org is a great site for enabling this type of trendspotting for the sake of purchasing decision, what to expect out of a car, and in diagnosis, why not do it here? ;) I have been on honda-tech.com, and gassavers.org, doing things like a crx hf transmission swap with help from SVOboy (for greater mpg), multiple axle replacements, caliper rebuilds, and other various jobs on my 91 civic hatch for a couple years now. The insight in comparison is a scary mess of electronics that is a bit overwhelming, and we could all use an advantage here i think. :idea:

fyi: I hope to pick up a 2000 5spd w 98k SOON from a local schoolteacher.

Frank

·
Registered
118 Posts
2000 Honda Insight
60,000 miles replaced the Primary o2 sensor
I'll post later about the IMA Battery (still in the shop).

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2000 insight 5spd

112k- battery pack/mcm/bcm replacement (under warranty at greenwich honda after reading a p1447 roadside)

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
2001 Insight 5spd

At 132K miles, IMA/CEL came on. Dealer replaced IMA Batt/MCM/BCM courtesy of Honda. CEL came back on soon after with p1164 code. Code cleared spontaneously after Lucas fuel treatment and 50 miles of driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts