Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
September's numbers tanked. Hopefully this is due to the parts shortage. I've heard from folks in Canada that are on a waiting list for the new Insight. The demand is there. If anyone has looked at Honda's website, they aren't exactly pushing the insight. There are no "deals" available, and there's not much chatter. I find this disappointing since the new Insight hit all the marks for me. I'm a 100-mile, 50 mph daily driver. I'm getting over double what I was getting with my 20 yo. Civic.

Honda Insight US car sales figures

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speaking anecdotally the Insights in my area (Central Florida) sell within a day of arrival on lot. The sales aren't down "that much" and I think the drop could be caused by the factory in Mexico...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, but a key component is made in a Mexican factory: "Due to a critical engine part made at the Celaya (Mexico) engine plant, Insight production at the Honda auto plant in Indiana also will be suspended for the month of August. Based on existing parts inventory, the Indiana plant was able to produce the Insight through the end of July and will resume production in the beginning of September." https://www.reliableplant.com/Read/31237/honda-plant-production

1 - 7 of 7 Posts