Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The solution to that is to stop wearing pants with velcro attachments on the back pockets...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I hate the net thing the Insights have over the seats. What a dumb idea. I put seat covers on mine and not pleased with that either but it's still better than the net.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well, you *could* have the seats redone in a more traditional fabric, it wouldn't be very cheap but it could be done. Or if you really had some bucks to burn you could do leather and have something that would last a good long time if cared for properly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
These neoprene seat covers cost me under 20 two years back. Haven't seem them at the local shop for a while. Funny thing is that the manufacturer made them in only in Insight colors... Red, grey, and blue. They match fairly well too![/url]

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have the same issue (I expect most do). Not really with Velcro pants, but with the Velcro on my laptop bag. It tends to tear up the passenger seat.

In a few years, I will probably just have it reupholstered. Only costs about $40 per seat if you supply the material.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Aaron Cake:

___I don’t have any problems with my seats currently but if I ever do, would you mind passing on where you get the OEM material from?

___Thanks again.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2mogyg2t][email protected][/email:2mogyg2t]

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm not sure I would be able to get OEM material. I hadn't even considered it actually. I would probably just stitch up a similar pattern using a combination of fabrics (the mesh seat covers actually circulate air quite well, so I would want to preserve a similar material in that area).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts