Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you might know that the Insight service manual is available on CD, but since I didn't I thought I'd post it.

I bought mine on eBay for about $18 U.S. (with shipping) from the seller in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22797&item=2413975049

It arrived quickly and it good condition. I've played around with it a little and it appears to have everything a regular service manual would, including wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cd

I was just looking at the diagrams. They do tell you what wire is for what, and you can print them out (as with the rest of the manual). I'm pretty happy with it so far.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CD

I don't know if it has more or different information as I have never seen a printed manual, but I wondered the same thing myself.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CD

Will--You need to read my initial post. I already posted the only source I know. You can click on the link in the first post in the thread and it will take you to an expired auction for the CD. Then you just click on "View Seller's Other Items." He is auctioning them right now. I don't know how many he has or where else you could get it.

IHonda2002--All I know is it runs on Windows XP. There is no information given with the CD as to the systems it will run on, but I'd bet it will run on other fairly recent Windows versions. You could email the seller in the auction and ask him.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm...

I hadn't looked too closely, but mine is a copy, too. And it even says "Please do not copy" on it.

If this is Honda's work product (as opposed to a third party), I don't feel too bad for them. I think car manufacturers should provide a service manual with the cars they sell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts