Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a spiffy red Insight in the movie 'Mean Girls'. Mostly it just sits in main character's driveway in a couple of scenes, but in one scene, the kid's parents are shown pulling away from the house in it as an SUV full of partying teenagers pulls up to the house.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi jude-

I read a review of “Mean Girls” that gave it credit for some astute character assessments. It made me wonder what kind of character the director was trying to develop for the parents that would be portrayed with an Insight. If I understand correctly, Cady was home schooled in Africa, but then moved to the States (?). Were the characters of her parents developed at all? What were they like? Why were they in Africa?

Just wondering, Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda Insight in "The Day After Tomorrow" movie

There is a green Insight in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" when Dennis Quade drives his kid to the airport to go to NYC.
Movie just alright, but a fun escape from reality.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Honda Insight in "The Day After Tomorrow" movi

acarr6453 said:
There is a green Insight in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" when Dennis Quade drives his kid to the airport to go to NYC.
Movie just alright, but a fun escape from reality.
No kidding... :roll:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Legally, they wouldn't. But there's quite a bit of space in there. I can easily imagine five people in the car, and seven or eight if they're good friends. Of course the suspension would be bottomed out...

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Benighted wrote:
I know this is an old thread but how would a family of 3 fit in an insight?
A lot more comfortable than in a Corvette. :lol:

The Insight was designed for 2 people, how often do you drive with 3 people in the car?

Most of the time I see only one person to a car, so, I think it would fit fine, provided it's not your only vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Calpod said:
A lot more comfortable than in a Corvette. :lol:
I believe that
Calpod said:
The Insight was designed for 2 people, how often do you drive with 3 people in the car?
Most of the time I see only one person to a car, so, I think it would fit fine, provided it's not your only vehicle.
In the movie this thread is referring to, Lindsay Lohan gets a ride with both of her parents in the car and it appears to be their only car.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I thought about the impracticality of having an Insight as the only car for a family of three when I saw the movie. Isn't that the responsibility of the people who get credit for "continuity"? Maybe it's just poetic licence!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently watched the South Park episode on hybrids. What were plainly Insights were being picked up for crushing by magnets -- a bit of a problem with an aluminum car. Heck, I can't even get one of those yellow ribbon magnets for my car. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts