Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
360 Posts
Daniel

It's a great idea - but more difficult to find an Insight in Australia than you think. I believe that only about 46 Insights were sold new in Australia. Look for all posts under my name (ghillie) and you'll find some (hopefully) useful information about Insights in Australia (there is a way of providing a link in this message but I don't know how to do it).

Currently, afaik there is only one Insight for sale in Australia and that is in Sydney. It's on the Carsguide website. The same site had one in Perth fairly recently but it is no longer advertised. I don't know if it sold - the asking price was (I think) $31,000 which is way over market.

I'm not saying you can't buy a used Insight in Australia (they're not sold new anymore) but it may not be easy. One option may be to look for a first generation Prius instead of the Insight. Or maybe some other very fuel efficient car (Honda Jazz, Smart ??). Of course none - including the 2nd generation Prius are as fuel efficient (or as much fun???) as an Insight (my current tank is at 3.2l/100km).

Happy hunting!

· Premium Member
360 Posts
Daniel - There is a new posting for an Insight on the Carsquide website (private sellers). Very low kms at a reasonably good price. Only problem is it's in Queensland.

Ghillie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.