Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, former insight owner here. I'm moving and clearing out my closet, and found some old insight training videos from Honda Canada. (THEY ARE VHS)

I'd like to see them find a good home, and wanted to guage interest on here before putting them out to pasture.

I'm in Toronto Canada and could ship them out to wherever.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UMZXMSUMMoGteFVy8

·
Super Moderator
6,883 Posts
My initial reaction is that they must be copy write material, so delicacy is required.

First priority I'd say is take physical possession since he is clearing out. Nothing wrong with that afaik.

Then, it may be necessary to obtain permission to distribute. You/we should think that through.

I think one can still buy VHS players on eBay. That might be a good first step to evaluating which ones to digitize.

and, and, and take it from there;)

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Send them to Freezin4......., Pete. He collects all Insight memories.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It is important to get them transferred to CD's. The VHS will only degrade further. CD's can be copied any number of times without them losing quality. As for copyrights, I just do not think Honda of America is going to come after a small group of folks who are crazy about one of Honda's worst selling but most interesting cars.

Get them transferred. If you do not want to do it I'll take them to the local electronics shop that does it. They are invaluable.

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
Likely generic..

I think these will be very similar to the ones we already have on here and on YT.

Generic worldwide G1 videos with perhaps a few Canadian specific bits.

That's doesn't mean we should not get them to check them out and preserve them anyway...

It might be a revelation.. :)

I suspect similar to this etc..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Someone must get these VHS tapes and have them converted to CD's. I am willing to get it done. It's the least I can do for all the good help I have gotten from you folks. Send them to me and it will be done.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
CDs? Why use another dead format? Just upload to Vimeo or something.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
CDs? Why use another dead format? Just upload to Vimeo or something.
The CD's would be a backup. Data is not "safe" if it is not stored in three unique places. The death of CD's is as greatly exaggerated as the death of Mark Twain was.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

·
Linsight Designer
1,778 Posts
The tapes are almost certainly copyright Honda... but that doesn't prevent someone (Natalya?) from watching the videos, learning from them, and then recreating any new discoveries using her own camera and narration.

But yes, first things first, let's take possession of them.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Timing wise it does seem likely that these are the three video listed earlier

The photo supplied by OP shows one of the videos having a runtime of 30:35

Previously supplied link shows a video with runtime of 30:33
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GUtUkszSXowTHc

Also both have a video related to PDI Procedure. Pre-Delivery Inspection.

Still would be interesting to confirm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts