Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Where are you or the car located? Is it a gen 1 or gen 2? Do you have any aftermarket electrical parts like a sub woofer, navigation, cb or ham radio?

When the jumper cables are connected do the horn, flashers work? Those are fused to the positive cable. THe positive cable has 5 fuses made into it including a 100 amp one that goes to the car, then 4 smaller ones for a few of the above mentioned items. Pull ff the red cover, the fuses are under it and I believe made into the positive terminal, but you can see if they are broken/blown.

Have they tried disconnecting the ground and using the jumper ground to take the battery out of the loop?

Worse to worse, have AAA tow it to the dealer. If you are local Id look at it for you. :)

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Interesting..... Must be a new "feature"? The older ones will go til its dead. Basically you go out to your car and the keyfobe doesnt work. You unlock the door with the key and it will only open your door, not the rest. The power lock button is useless. The dash does not lite up either. Then, for no reaso or warning your horn starts to honking and you hear some clicking from the dash area.

You come to the conclusion the alarm just went off and the keyfobe is again useless. You turn it off by inserting your key to the ignition and try to start the car. THe alarm goes off and you see faintly the various idiot lights lite up and constant messages appearing on the tv screen and boing noises.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Must be a new feature (TM). :) I guess the lights thing is part of the automatic lights system? Ours is the old fashion one that you got to turn off and on and if you leave it on it will drain the battery.

I have a dummy key, it will let me do everything but crank the engine. When I turn the ignition on I get a blinking green key symbol on the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.