Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally back home long enough to sort out the photos.

These were the big prizes that were handed out in addition to several smaller raffle items.

Bazzetta was the awesome raffle-master along with his helper Isabella :):)

- Gadget01 won the HondaAutomotive Prolong grid charger and discharger.

- Oceanboy won the JDM lean burn CVT ecm.

- Atheos wins one of the Honda Analyzer kits.

- Taro won the other Honda Analyzer kit.

- Mr. Chinup picks up his new OBDIIC&C

Nice prizes folks ! Congratulations. :)

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Insightfest 2016 Prizes and Awards

There were many recognitions and awards emcee'd by Freezin4 Pete and KLR3CYL Scott:

- Recognition for our host Gerald (Galevin) who mentioned he couldn't have done without Scott

- And Eric (Ericbecky) who handled the business ID number and finance affairs

- "Santa" rides in on a 6x with gifts for everyone

- Our IC Moderators Sam (Rainsux), Peter (retepsnikerp), and Jim (Jime)

- And the 4 pioneers Mike (Mike Dabrowski 2000), Scott (KLY3CYL), John (Mudder), and Peter

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And more awards and recognition:

- 1st 2 pics: Jeremy receives recognition for facilitating contact with our biggest sponsor Honda Corporation, and also in behalf of Honda he accepts recognition for Honda supporting this hugely successful event. Thank you Jeremy for spearheading the effort with Honda. :)

- Ivor (Ivorcan) was the farthest traveler, coming 8,329 miles from New Zealand. Ivor said it'd probably take 4 months to complete the flight home. Peter was the runner up from the United Kingdom, 3,922 miles. Hope his flight was shorter than Ivor's ;).

- Willie was the farthest driver from Campo, CA, 2,034 miles. My old bones can't handle that, how do you do it Willie ? :)

- John (Insightman) accepts recognition for his dedication to the community dating back to 1999. Wow, that's a long time. :)

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Awards / recognition

And some more:

- The pioneering award went to Willie for designing and building the 1st turbo install on a G1, he kept the car in service while installing it.

- Scotty ( Skleasia) had the highest LMPG @ 72.8 rolling into Gerald's. Pretty nice number :)

- Pete and Jim shared the 'People's Choice' with the Aqua and Dogbite

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Awards and recognition

- Best sound system belonged to Gadget

- Cleanest car was Jim's Dogbite

- The best mods award was shared by Sam and Willie for their turbo installs

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Recognition

- Natalya's handcrafted stained glass artwork was up for auction. Awesome artistry.

- Mike's (Fishcleaner) chrome wrap was an eyecatcher everywhere he went. Mike did this in one shot the day before traveling to the event.

- Taylor (Insight for life) checks out Dave's (dsteele713) virtual reality set-up. I tried it and understand how people become an enthusiast.

- One of the 2017 Honda Hybrid Accords provided by Penske Honda. The other one was available for test driving. Very nice cars, very tempting :)

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Many

People & Cars

Eric's tally:

103 Insights (including Gerald's)
33 states
2 countries
Owners from 4 countries: UK, NZ, Can, US

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
My only regret at the InsightFest was not entering the hypermiling challenge. My bad battery helps a lot with high MPGs on a daily basis, and 11 years of hypermiling. Next time, next time.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Bob, thank you for posting these. What a treat this event was.

·
3,641 Posts
What are you talking about, ey? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
quote:
Scotty ( Skleasia) had the highest LMPG @ 72.8 rolling into Gerald's.

How is that possible? I would have expected an MT to show up with 85 or 90 as the LMPG.

I bought my 2001 CVT in Oct 2011 with a LMPG of 19.0 and 19K miles. It was a ligit number. At around 25K miles I reset the LMPG. I am at 98K now, so for the past 73K miles I have managed 70.0 LMPG....with a CVT.

No MTs had something in the 80-90 MPG range?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Reset the LMPG? That's blasphemy! My cars LMPG hasn't been reset, I bought it at 100k miles with an LMPG of about 60. It's not up over 70 after 250k. It's tough getting it up without resetting it.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Reset the LMPG? That's blasphemy! My cars LMPG hasn't been reset, I bought it at 100k miles with an LMPG of about 60. It's not up over 70 after 250k. It's tough getting it up without resetting it.
I always reset my LMPG. After all, the purchase LMPG isn't yours, why have someone else's boat anchor hanging around your neck.

One person's blasphemy is another's sacred freedom!:D

The LMPH gets lowered obviously by a lot of "non-ideal" driving. Cold starts, cold starts in winter, winter in general, short trips, A/C, practical tire pressures, traffic, rain, periods when car has temporary problems, necessary fast trips., etc. etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts