Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The word "epic" gets thrown around a lot, not in this case, wow, what an event, if you were sitting on the fence and didn't go, you may want to close this page. Share your photos here, these are my Friday pics.

·
3,641 Posts
Hi Ati,
It's Mike (Fishcleaner) from Delaware. He did a fine job. Some black accent on front and rear bumpers and he wrapped the black skirt trim too
It's an eye catcher!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
It that a chrome wrap Insight in the backround? Any details or pics of that one?
Must be fun driving into a low sun reflecting off the hood :)

·
Registered
133 Posts

And my personal favorite, Velociraptor's whippet, Tiramisu, as the official InsightFest spokesdog:

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
This also ended up on the main InsightFest thread...just a link, so no big deal...
---
Longish video with banal commentary and a bit shaky, but you might be able to count the cars (at least for 8/27/16)...

Walkabout

Have fun...

B

·
Linsight Designer
1,778 Posts
Still wondering about this wheel's history:
IMG_4205.jpg

Still waiting for whomever's camera took the group photos to post up:
IMG_4208.jpg

Still wondering how Honda made such an awesome car 16 years ago:
IMG_4210.jpg

Still wondering why nothing else on the road can touch G1 mileage*:
IMG_4237.jpg

*Using Bob's (Mountain Driver) techniques on the way back home, going between 61 & 68 mph. Note: '80.8 mpg' is a tribute to Bob's awesome techniques.

·
Super Moderator
7,149 Posts
It that a chrome wrap Insight in the backround? Any details or pics of that one?
Yes it is fishcleaner chrome wrap. It was quite impressively done. Makes you wonder what oncoming drivers see in their headlights, or from reflected sunlight;)

That is Dog Bite in foreground.

·
3,641 Posts
Posing with DogBite as we're saying our goodbyes.
Sam and Jim are enjoying the shade as they take a break from putting Gerald's fleet back in the barn.
Jim (along with everyone who tried it) thouroughly enjoyed the VR games brought along and graciously operated by David S (DSteele). It was a huge hit!!!! (Yes, I want one, and I'm NOT a gamer.) Here Jim is kicking some zombie butt.
He also took an under sea stroll with sea creatures.
The immense sign welcomed all guests to Gerald's farm.

Attachments

·
3,641 Posts
The shirt and the real thing.
Mike's "Exsight" would be my choice to drive home....if I were offered any car, but couldn't have DogBite. What a superbly executed and driving supercar!

Attachments

·
3,641 Posts
Peter is about to enjoy a thrilling ride in Mike's Exsight.
I have to start a caption contest for the last picture in a separate thread. (Yes, that's a red headed gentleman in a kilt pointing out a bullet hole in his Insight.)
(I apologize these are out of order)
Since none of us have met Peter in person before the meet the airport welcome committee was outfitted with Insight shirts, UK flag, and proper signs for him to identify identify us.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
It was great to meet you all. Sorry I could make it for a longer period of time. Even with the time that I was there I could see that everyone really loved Insights. It would be hard to find a more "pure" event than this.

·
3,641 Posts
A few more pics.
Lisa's red CVT code 1706 was fixed by Marty and Joel.
Dave from Chicago has two gorgeous happy babies. He also collects Insights.
Sean's camping mod being demo'd by Ryan to Robert and Mrs Russell.
Ivor supervising some wrenching activity by Dave and Tom.

Attachments

·
3,641 Posts
- Great directions ensured that everyone found InsightFest.
- Tom is resurrecting a nice citrus with some elbow grease and patience.
- The "levitating Insight" helped people learn more about their cars easier.
- There were some great mods, and some unfortunate ones too. But we weren't judging. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts