Votes: 26 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 42.2%
1 - 20 of 672 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mother of all Insight Meets! The U.S. Insight National will be held in a suburb of Indianapolis, IN on August 26-28, 2016 at my house. Located on 6 acres and home of the worlds largest insight collection. 2 barns with over 15,000 sq ft includes a car lift that will be used for demos and/or repairs.

Some details remain to be worked out, but for certain we will be having two of the major draws in the Insight world. Scott(klr3cyl) will be there from Jue Motors of Covena, CA. As many know, Scott is the most knowledgable mechanic and
affecionado of Insights anywhere in the country. He is the author of several self-help videos on Insight repair, and is the inventor of the beautifully conceived aftermarket aluminum front belly pans. He will be offering help and advice with
your own Insight problems and issues.

We will also have mudder on hand. He is currently developing, Linsight, a Litium drop-in replacement battery pack for the first generation Insight. The pack is based on easily available Leaf Lithium cells and will include all the control
and interface electronics to make the pack a true-drop in for your Insight. This is the pack you have been waiting for. Come and hear him talk about the development and capabilities. By the time of the meet, we are hoping to have a demo car available for inspection.

This is the Insight meet of the century. Come and meet all the folks you have been reading about and have some fun. Put it on your calendar now!
Hope to see you here. More info coming.
Gerald

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Wow,that sounds awesome,really like to make that trip,when will we have an address to look up,to see how far we are away,and make arrangements. Is there places to spend the nite close by.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
ROADTRIP!!!
See you all there.

·
Super Moderator
8,932 Posts
WOW! Let me be the first to say I'm all in. This is certain to be the greatest meet yet. Indianapolis is such a beautifully central location that we should have the dedicated mass of owners from far and near.

galevin is such a wonderful host and has such a great place, that we should lack nothing. Those who were lucky enough to meet there for an evening a year ago will certainly want to come back.

Really looking forward to seeing Scott again and picking his brain, and mudder's Lithium battery should be the item of the year. Hopefully we will have someone's working demo by the meet.

I think I'll hitch my trailer to my motorhome and bring DogBite out. Just can't stand rolling up that many miles on my prized baby;)

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
I'm in!

Sam

·
Super Moderator
8,932 Posts
Wow,that sounds awesome,really like to make that trip,when will we have an address to look up,to see how far we are away,and make arrangements. Is there places to spend the nite close by.
Gerald's place is about 15 miles north of Indianapolis - I forget the little town name. Perhaps he will pass the town name soon. I'm sure there are tons of places to stay in northern part of Indianapolis.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Sounds like the date is set. Great! I guess I should close the poll, Gerald? Lol.

Any idea of cost per person for the event?
We want to be sure to shoulder our share of the expenses.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,397 Posts
The Ca. Caravan has 2 "adventurers" so far.

Be patient for the details of the event.
Gerald and associates have a lot to do.

HTH
Willie
Add this thread to your FAVORITES list!

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
The Ca. Caravan has 2 "adventurers" so far.
Hopefully this time we'll be able to join you along the way. Let me know when you plan to go through Albq and how many stops you plan to make along the way. I'm not sure we have the stamina to make the long days like you do.

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The city I live in is Sheridan, IN. Located appx 20 mi NW of Indy. For those that want to stay in a hotel, hotel recommendations will be provided shortly.
Gerald

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
I think I'll hitch my trailer to my motorhome and bring DogBite out. Just can't stand rolling up that many miles on my prized baby;)

Maybe Patrick and I can draft behind Dog Bite ?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Woo hoo. Can't wait to make the trip.

·
Super Moderator
8,932 Posts
Attendee List

This will be the master list of attendees. I took the liberty of adding those who have already commited. Please hit the quote button, and add your name to the bottom of the list if you are sure you will attend.

1. galevin(Gerald-host)
2. mudder
3. klr3cyl
4. jime
5. freezin4
6. Willie Williford
7. ericbecky
8. Rainsux

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
For headcount purposes...I will likely have a +1 for my attendance.
As far as vehicles, I'm hoping to bring a 2/4kwh PHEV Insight (Enginer version) and a completed Linsight.

·
Premium Member
2000 Silver M/T
1,074 Posts
This will be the master list of attendees. I took the liberty of adding those who have already commited. Please hit the quote button, and add your name to the bottom of the list if you are sure you will attend.

1. galevin(Gerald-host)
2. mudder
3. klr3cyl
4. jime
5. freezin4
6. Willie Williford
7. ericbecky
8. Rainsux +1
9. atheos
I'll bring the keg

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
1. galevin(Gerald-host)
2. mudder
3. klr3cyl
4. jime
5. freezin4
6. Willie Williford
7. ericbecky
8. Rainsux +1
9. atheos
10. Bazzetta

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
1. galevin(Gerald-host)
2. mudder
3. klr3cyl
4. jime
5. freezin4
6. Willie Williford
7. ericbecky +1
8. Rainsux
9. atheos
10. Bazzetta
11. IamIan

·
Registered
23 Posts
As a Noob owner of an 02 Blue 5 speed that I have only had about a month, the wife and I were already considering a trip to Nova Scotia in August and were on the fence about driving the Insight.

I guess I got a few months to be sure I am confident in it and it's ability to make that long a trip, or I should say our ability to make that long of a trip in it... LOL

Its going to be a two week Odyssey from Kansas City to stay with friends for a week including a Northern route through Niagara Falls, New England and then dropping down for a more Central Return through Virginia, Kentucky. I wonder if we can make this work on the return?

I will keep this in mind.
Sounds like fun!!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
My significant other has a bad knee and she cannot sit in the Insight seat for more than one hour. (not enough room to straighten her leg for relief).

I'm considering taking the seat out this summer and making a dog bed for my yellow lab as the main passenger for longer trips north. She may be my only long distance passenger. :)

I will decide after the shock & spring change out.

1 - 20 of 672 Posts